Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Which Program did this ?

Hello

I found this link on google and would like to know which program did this tracing, can someone please enlighten me ?

http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/nov09/13.html

Thank you

Default Re: Which Program did this ?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

That was done in Xara in 2009. The current version of the product is Xara Designer Pro X.

Here is a link to more work by the same artist http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/nov09/

Thank you

And is it very elaborate to achieve this kind of line tracing ?

I know it might not be out of the box easy, but can one achieve this result relatively fast ?

I'm looking for a tracing program that can do a better or easier job than AI or Corel

Are there any videos showing tracing images ?

Thank you

BP (Black Panther) actually draws most all you will see on his artist pages. BP isn't using an autotrace for that.

There are better applications and AI and CD for autotracing--and Xara's autotracer leaves a lot to be desired. Look for some recent threads on the subject. It's not that it utterly useless, but it is not as good as AI's or CD's autotracing routines.

VectorMagic is about the best there is for tracing a bitmap. Be prepared to spend a bit on it. Or learn to draw using the tools you have. I do think XDP is the most intuitive vector drawing application there is. And most all my work either begins and ends in it, or is used for as much as I can do and then ported to either AI or CD. Affinity Draw--with no autotracing routine yet--is another alternative for drawing and is far, far less expensive than XDP.

Mike

Thank you Mike

I do use aspire or artcam to draw vector files as I use them on a cnc or laser machine but these programs although good to tace are not that simple to use when it comes to line tracing, hence the question as I was hoping XDP was somewhere near a miracle program for tracing

So, thank you, anyway, will keep on using CD or AI or Inkscape this one is also very good.

Regards

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Check this out: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ool&highlight= While it's not a magical one click solution it does cut down on hand tracing time. If you scroll down to the 3rd post there is a short video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Like Mike stated the drawings that you highlighted were all produced not by an auto-trace bit of a drawing programme but manually. There're so may artifacts produced when using an auto-trace features, lines aren't lines there are shapes, you have white backgrounds all things to mess with your output.

As a part time job I teach pupils to produce cut back bitmap for laser engraving, produce line drawings for cutting/milling shapes for clocks. Our engraver can handle bitmaps and PDF files, the CNC milling machine prefers DWG or DFX file formats but also PDF. All of my output to the machines are produced in Xara wither its bitmaps or PDF's. If you can spend a month just using your spare time I bet you a pound to a penny you could produce most of Panther's drawing just manually tracing over a bitmap. You can use Frances's method or you can Gary Bouton's at the Xone: http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/tr...-not-cheating/

I have tried most of the auto trace programmes and none give a suitable output for CNC milling. You waste much more time sorting out the output of the trace than you think you will. It's much better to learn a programme get comfortable with it and draw rather than expecting one programme to sprinkle "Tinkerbell Dust" and give you an output in one click.
    Design is thinking made visual.