Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Strange Colour Issue.

Hi,

I have just upgraded from a computer running Windows 7 Pro to a new computer running Windows 10 Pro. When I load a vector image (tried both .PDF or .AI) that I purchased the colours change in Xara Designer Pro X when it is loaded.

This is what the image looks like when browsing for the file using the Open dialog in XDP:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrowsingForImage.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	115341

And this is how the image looks once it has been loaded.

Name:	LoadedImage.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	115342

I have tried opening the same files in other graphics programs and the colours are correct. The really strange thing is the colours were rendered correctly when I loaded the same files in XDP on the Windows 7 machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Default Re: Strange Colour Issue.

Well the good news is there was also a .eps file. When I open that file the colours display the way they should.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
    Hi,

I have just upgraded from a computer running Windows 7 Pro to a new computer running Windows 10 Pro. When I load a vector image (tried both .PDF or .AI) that I purchased the colours change in Xara Designer Pro X when it is loaded.

This is what the image looks like when browsing for the file using the Open dialog in XDP:

Name:	BrowsingForImage.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	115341

And this is how the image looks once it has been loaded.

Name:	LoadedImage.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	115342

I have tried opening the same files in other graphics programs and the colours are correct. The really strange thing is the colours were rendered correctly when I loaded the same files in XDP on the Windows 7 machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve
    Steve,

Do you accidentally have your "Show Printer Colors" set to "Simulate Print Colors"? Look under the Windows tab and look for "Show Printer Colors" and make sure you have "Screen Colors" checked.

What are those black blobby things in front of the logo in the messed up picture? Would that be causing the color shift?
    Last edited by Mark321; 06 December 2016 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Thought of something else

Try looking at your layers of the file. Sometimes when I have brought other AI files into Xara the layers will sometimes get out of order, have not had this problem with PDF before. You could have someting on a top layer that is making everything show up with the color shift. Also may explain the black blobbs.

Just an additional item to check.
    Ray

I'm not sure those black blobs would cause this, although their presence is a mystery. To me the issue is why is the image rendered in gray scale, or am I misinterpreting something.

EDIT: Looks like the contone is set to various colors, I say this because of the smaller images at the bottom.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    Steve,

Do you accidentally have your "Show Printer Colors" set to "Simulate Print Colors"? Look under the Windows tab and look for "Show Printer Colors" and make sure you have "Screen Colors" checked.

What are those black blobby things in front of the logo in the messed up picture? Would that be causing the color shift?
    No, "Screen Colors" is definitely selected.

I don't know what those blobs are. They just appear when the file is loaded. I tried deleting them but it made no difference.

= Steve

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Try looking at your layers of the file. Sometimes when I have brought other AI files into Xara the layers will sometimes get out of order, have not had this problem with PDF before. You could have someting on a top layer that is making everything show up with the color shift. Also may explain the black blobbs.

Just an additional item to check.
    Ray

Thanks Ray, I had a look but there is only one layer. I went through the objects but there doesn't appear to be anything sitting over the top.

= Steve

Does the file contain groups with advanced transparency types applied to them?

Try selecting, say, the orange panel examine it in the Page & Layer gallery and pick it apart until the colour changes. It may not change to the bright colour you will find out where the colour changes are located in the document.

Phil

Good idea Phil.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    Does the file contain groups with advanced transparency types applied to them?

Try selecting, say, the orange panel examine it in the Page & Layer gallery and pick it apart until the colour changes. It may not change to the bright colour you will find out where the colour changes are located in the document.

Phil
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried and checked the transparency of objects as well but still no luck. At this stage I think I will put it on the backburner. The .eps version of the image works fine so I'm going with that for the time being. It's odd though that it worked fine on my Windows 7 PC with the .pdf and .ai files.

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions.

= Steve