Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gidgit:
    gee, I think both the first examples posted, as well the second, each, have thier own particular likes and hmmms.

Stu has mentioned before somewhere, I can't quite remember off hand, but... it went some thing like... " just look at the objects in front of you, and, create what you see.

and I am telling you, that I thinks glass is a tricky one eh For me anyways ugggg, I put's the glass on my desk, look at it... create the shape, and ending up spending way too much time moving sliders this way and that way, change this option, turn off that one.... to get what still is ugggg, you are fairing much better than I at this glass thing eh

cool stuff <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The hard part with glass is setting the fresnel just right so it looks realistic.I have never gotten around to having a real good stab at a glass shader before but there are many out there,and its really educational to look at all the different settings and the way the users got their results.

Cheers for posting you glass recipe Renaud

Yes, glass is not a simple material... very difficult to master. It depend on lighting a lot, also.

Kiwi is right, you could change fresnel settings in my shader to see if you get better result. Look also at the specular color tab : i use Metal mode, and maybe you can get better with your lighting if you change this to plastic.

Good luck to reach the perfect glass redering ;-)