Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still playing with splines, but this time I created the spine in XaraX. Exported as an .ai file and opened in C4D. Placed it into a Lathe Nurbs object and tweeked the spline a little. Saved to a .tif, then opened in Photoshop. Adjusted colour, contrast, and sharpness.

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two_glasses_ps3.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	14816  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Still playing with splines, but this time I created the spine in XaraX. Exported as an .ai file and opened in C4D. Placed it into a Lathe Nurbs object and tweeked the spline a little. Saved to a .tif, then opened in Photoshop. Adjusted colour, contrast, and sharpness.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Oooh another nice one

On the 8 CD Soquili there is an ani of a crystal being rotated over a floor object,sorry cant be more descritive then that,I know it was done by Kai,look it up its quite a cool effect.

Stu.

Very neat effect, indeed. Haven't gotten around to animations yet. Having too much fun playing around with all the tools, and learning what they can do.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

I love it. Though I don't like glass as a material (broken glass can hurt a lot!), I like the reflections, refractions, the prism effects etc etc in reality and renderings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Having too much fun playing around with all the tools, and learning what they can do. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These tools will turn you to an addictive and keep you busy for the next years! Some day you will realize that there are more than a gazillion possibilities to combine the tools ;-}

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I find graphic glass to be much safer to work with, maybe that's why I make so many pieces with glass material No cuts or tiny pieces stuck in your fingers.

You are quite right about there being gazillions of combinations! The number of selection tools alone is more than any other program I've tried.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Very nice rendering, Soquili !

My Best,
    gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Nice image !

Would you like to try "my" glass material ? You can get it in this thread of the french C4D comunity. Near the bottom of the page you'll see glass spheres, and just below is a link to download a C4D R8 file with the material.

Hi Renaud,

Thanks. Your glass texture is very nice. I used it to replace my texture in the above image. Works very well in the C4D spline (the glass on the right), but is a little dark for the thicker glass created with the .ai spline glass on the left. It would be very good with a change in lighting, I believe.

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glasses2.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	981  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

gee, I think both the first examples posted, as well the second, each, have thier own particular likes and hmmms.

Stu has mentioned before somewhere, I can't quite remember off hand, but... it went some thing like... " just look at the objects in front of you, and, create what you see.

and I am telling you, that I thinks glass is a tricky one eh For me anyways ugggg, I put's the glass on my desk, look at it... create the shape, and ending up spending way too much time moving sliders this way and that way, change this option, turn off that one.... to get what still is ugggg, you are fairing much better than I at this glass thing eh

cool stuff