Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems with publishing

My hosting company has just upgraded and since this, I have 2 sites not displaying correctly. One is for some strange reason directing to MyBB forum - not something I was using at the time but did try a while ago. The other site is going to a sub-domain - which should be videos and photos but these have not loaded and there are just blank spaces.

I have not heard back from support so I'm assuming all is not going well and they are overloaded with problems to sort.

I have tried republishing, deleting the MySQL for the forum and any other files I can see relating to the forum - even the sub-domain itself.

What I would like someone to tell me is can I delete all files public_html etc. change passwords in case there is any problem with security and then do a full upload? Files are saved on my computer. I don't mind the hassle - just want it sorted. I don't know enough about PHP/code etc. to be able to spot anything that may be wrong - good at deleting though!

Thank you.

Default Re: Problems with publishing

I can answer a few of your questions but not all. Go ahead and delete all the files and then republish. The file_public_html will be recreated when you publish.

Changing your password is always a good idea and make it as complex as your service provider allows, if permitted use extended characters (&%$, etc) plus upper, lower case and numbers.

And make sure the sub folder you are publishing to has not been renamed or changed.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 30 November 2016 at 12:12 PM.

Default Re: Problems with publishing

Thank you - that's really helpful. Pretty sure it would be OK but it's nice to have confirmation from someone who knows!