Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Are files on deleted web pages deleted by Xara software?

I’ve been using Xara for web sites for a few months now. Recently I took a look around the files on the ‘Explore Web Space’ button and noticed there are a lot of .pdf files and .doc files that I have deleted from the web site as they are out of date, but they still appear on my 1&1 host space.

Doesn’t Xara delete files, that were uploaded, when the page is edited or deleted?

There are a lot of picture files there, mostly .jpg but also some .jng I have no way of knowing if these are ones no longer on my web pages as they just have numbers that Xara has put on.

If picture and .pdf files are not deleted from my hosting space when a page is deleted, then the files would just continue to increase in number for as long as I continue to use Xara?

Or am I misunderstanding it……

Comments would be appreciated.

Default Re: Are files on deleted web pages deleted by Xara software?

I'm not 100% sure regarding this but I believe jpg & gif & png files are deleted if no longer used. However perhaps pdf & doc file are retained.

The simplest way to clean up is just to delete the index_htm_files folder from the server. Xara will recreate it next time you publish.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host