Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Line of code for every couple of words?

I am a new user of Web Designer 365 Premium. While creating my web site, I see that the program creates a line of code for every couple of words (text). Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Can I avoid this? Here is an example:

<span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="top: -15.04px;">When &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 52.83px; top: -15.04px;">a &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 69.61px; top: -15.04px;">person &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 129.18px; top: -15.04px;">dies &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 167.85px; top: -15.04px;">leaving &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 229.38px; top: -15.04px;">a &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 245.61px; top: -15.04px;">Will, &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 286.19px; top: -15.04px;">the &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 318.32px; top: -15.04px;">legal &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 362.58px; top: -15.04px;">process &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 428.91px; top: -15.04px;">that &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 465.67px; top: -15.04px;">takes &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 513.03px; top: -15.04px;">place &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 562.12px; top: -15.04px;">is &nbsp;</span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="left: 581.44px; top: -15.04px;">called </span>
    <span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text Normal_16" style="top: 8.44px;">probate. &nbsp;</span>

That code represents a single sentence of text. Thanks for any help you can give.

Default Re: Line of code for every couple of words?

It is normal.
    Xara asserts it achieves true WYSIWYG positioning.

With the Select Tool, select the text (not the Text Tool) and then open Names and add HTMLBlockText.
    This will turn your sentence into a DIV block.

The downside usually only occurs when zooming the browser when the glyphs don't quite fit into the DIV width and you get a word break you didn't expect.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You would normally only get this type of code if you're using very narrow column text. Usually on a normal width column it would be more like:

<span class="xr_tl xr_kern Normal_text" style="top: -13.89px;color:#000000;">When a person dies leaving a will the legal process that takes place is called probate</span>
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    You would normally only get this type of code if you're using very narrow column text. Usually on a normal width column it would be more like:
    Thanks Egg, but the the text column is not narrow at all. The text I clipped the code from is nearly the width of the page.

Can you attach that file Exeat? I'd be interested to see it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host