Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sudden onset scroll dysfunction

Hello to everyone. I finally joined the forum today after several years of occasional binge lurking. It's just remarkable how much I've learned from the members here, and I'm so grateful.

In the past few weeks I've been having a problem using my mouse wheel to scroll in X9. Scrolling up or down the page suddenly stops working. Scrolling on the zoom factor button to zoom in or out stops working. Scrolling on the layers gallery is just the opposite--it goes way too fast. The normal 2 or 3 line increments changes to smooth and very fast scrolling. A good spin on the wheel which normally lets me move about 15 lines up or down the gallery can easily cause 100 lines to fly past.

Sometimes it happens from the moment I open X9, other times it works fine for hours and then it suddenly happens with no warning. Some days it doesn't happen at all. Manual scrolling still works. The strangest part is that not every tab will be affected. Closing Xara and reopening it sometimes solves the problem but not always. It's happened probably 6 or 7 times in the past few weeks. The batteries in my mouse are good, and no other program I use (Exel, Word, internet etc.) has this issue.

Also, and maybe it's entirely unrelated, twice in the last 3 days the work on the tab that's open has spontaneously switched to outline view. When I checked the work in the other tabs they were fine. Once it self-corrected after a couple minutes but once (this morning) it didn't.

What do you suppose is causing these issues?

Default Re: Sudden onset scroll dysfunction

SJK,

Welcome to the forum! Have you tried uninstalling the program and re-installing it? When I had your problem with the outline thingy re-installing it fixed it for me.

Mark

Hi Mark, and thanks for the welcome. Thanks for the reply, too. I will try re-installing. Once re-installed will the program still be able to access the old Xara backup files?

Suzy

Quote Originally Posted by SJK View Post
    Hi Mark, and thanks for the welcome. Thanks for the reply, too. I will try re-installing. Once re-installed will the program still be able to access the old Xara backup files?

Suzy
    Yes, as long as you don't uninstall those files, too. The software uninstaller will ask if you want to uninstall those files, don't check any boxes and you should be fine.

Try another mouse.
    I had worse and it turned out to be a hardware driver conflict.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If it's a wireless mouse try moving the receiver closer to the mouse or replacing the battery. I've had weird issues with clicking becoming inconsistent when the receiver has fallen off the back of my keyboard shelf and is left dangling.