Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Integer divide by zero

Long story (it seems like) but as brief as I can - just upgraded my PC to 64 bit Intel Core-i7 16GB ram and mobo etc but still running Windows 7 but now obviously 64 bit.

Reloading/installing all my favourite progs and everything is going well except Xara - which has been installed as many times as there are bytes in my PC (well it seems like that) and basically refuses to run crashing out with Integer divide by zero errors. Yes I am in contact with support (but it's a drag - see my other post) and I seem to be making little headway.

Here's some data that might help

Crashes Xara 6 (I know its old but it ran perfectly on W7 32bit - and basically does all I want for the time being).
    Crashes Zara 5 - tried it just to see.
    Works fine on partners PC - which also runs W7 64bit.
    Installed P&GD365 on my PC just for fun - and it works fine.

Actions to cause crash are:-
    Load Xara
    Open new document
    Select freehand and brush tool
    Draw a random squiggle
    CRASH

sometime I don't even get to draw - just crashes opening new document.

Not sure I really need PGD365 for GBP35 - especially under the circumstances - would just look like a cop out!

To reiterate - this is affecting Xara 5 & 6 ONLY - no other software is problem

Windows 7 is fully up to date with all updates.

So if anyone can come up with any suggestions I would be most grateful.
    Alan

Default Re: Integer divide by zero

I presume you have done a right click and run as administrator.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Yes I just did - and it still crashes in the same way.

Sorry for delayed reply but for some reason my notifications for subscribed threads do not seem to be working. Admittedly its a long time since I was last here but I have searched and cannot find anything to set/unset to achieve this. Always used to work - now does not. Only replied now as I was in here looking for Magix photo designer that seems to have sneakily installed itself on my PC (or put another way) P&GD6 seems to have bought it with it. I been using P&GD6 since its release and its possible I never noticed as its not in the Programs list and thus not uninstallable. I guess it disappears when/if you uninstall P&GD6.

Thanks for your input though.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by ajreed View Post
    I guess it disappears when/if you uninstall P&GD6.
    Yes it would.

Quote Originally Posted by ajreed View Post
    not in the Programs list and thus not uninstallable. I guess it disappears when/if you uninstall P&GD6.
    That does not sound right. So I guess the next question is where did you acquire the program?

I cannot find my CD of either of these versions so I cannot test this. Those two programs are 32 bit but should run OK on a 64 bit machine in fact all my Xara programs are 32bit. I am running XP&GD 365on a 64 bit machine in fact I have XP&GD 9 and XDPX on my windows 10 machine, no problems. I had versions 10 and 11 installed too and none had any problems. I had v5 and v6 running on windows 7 also with no problems.

So if you have the CD available you might try uninstalling and installing it again.

[QUOTE=ajreed;565271Always used to work - now does not.[/QUOTE]

curious.

If I recall correctly there is a cleanup or clean disk or whatever it's called in windows 7. You might try running that or,
    as a last resort you might try REVO uninstaller and if it Xara5 or 6 is installed REVO will find it. It appears that there is a free version available but I don't know anything about it.

I bought Wise Care 365 Pro and like it. Wise Care is gentler than CCleaner which I do not like, it's to aggressive for my taste. Wise Care is sort of a multipurpose tool which also has a program uninstaller. If this is as good or as thorough as REVO I don't know but it seems to work similarly.

Maybe some of this helps. Hope so.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

have you tried installing xara 5 & 6 in compatibility mode? - you'll need to make sure they are both fully uninstalled first in admin mode and re-install in admin mode too [not just run]

if you really have uninstalled/reinstalled loads of times then, you may need to take more drastic action

I don't use third party uinistallers or registry cleaners, but I guess you could try what larry suggests - bottom line last resort - reinstall OS
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

The install of P&GD6 came off the original dvd supplied by Xara. I looked into the dvd and there is no obvious bits of Magix on it, but it would be so easy to d/l it live while installing P&GD we would never notice. This has happened on 2 different machines. It does not appear in Programs & Features so cannot easily be deleted although it does appear if you search in start button. No real deal - its from Magix and probably quite safe.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    have you tried installing xara 5 & 6 in compatibility mode? - you'll need to make sure they are both fully uninstalled first in admin mode and re-install in admin mode too [not just run]

if you really have uninstalled/reinstalled loads of times then, you may need to take more drastic action

I don't use third party uinistallers or registry cleaners, but I guess you could try what larry suggests - bottom line last resort - reinstall OS
    I will try this when I get a moment - thanks for your input - quite getting used to P&GD365 so maybe I'll just put this down to experience.
    Alan