Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Support?

Default Support?

This is more feedback on Xara support than anything specific.

Raised a ticket on 18th, reply on the 18th, very good, they gave a suggestion on how to resolve my issue, then asked me, specifically, if it had an effect. I replied on the 19th that there was no effect and no change and what else might they suggest.

I have now prompted them three times for some kind of reply or acknowledgement to what is a fairly critical issue for me, and have had nothing...nada...zip.....

Might understand if this was a one man band with a very busy schedule.......

Is this now usual?

Default Re: Support?

Maybe, just maybe ... if it's an issue for you, it may not be immediately resolvable even by the experts at Xara. You can't really expect that every issue is resolvable immediately just because it's critical to you can you?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The Xara support team is generally responsive. Sometimes they encounter an issue which is difficult to pin down and for which there is no obvious fix. Sometimes issues pertain to a individual user's environment and so are especially difficult to identify and resolve. They may not have gotten back to you again, Stewart, because they have no new information at this time. In my experience with Xara, they do not treat these issues casually.

Many of us have experienced critical problems at one time or another, with one software or another. Let's take a deep breath and focus on supporting each other when things get tough.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Maybe, just maybe ... if it's an issue for you, it may not be immediately resolvable even by the experts at Xara. You can't really expect that every issue is resolvable immediately just because it's critical to you can you?
    An acknow;edgement of such by a business with a support system would be the least I would expect, so yes, if it is critical and listed as such I can

Just to clarify; I've been a Xara user, and have virtually every one of their products, for near 20 years, so not really a new user, and have had dealings with support many times in the past, but.....I don't even know if they received the updates of the ticket, that they asked me for.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    An acknow;edgement of such by a business with a support system would be the least I would expect, so yes, if it is critical and listed as such I can
    Agreed ... an acknowledgement would have been courteous.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Strange this - I have been victim of much the same recently, and the history is -

ticket raised Monday 21st Nov @ 21:08
    1st reply received Thursday 24th Nov @ 13:40
    my 2nd post with answers they asked for was @ 15:14 same day
    my 3rd post with more info Saturday 26th @ 12:45
    my 4th post with yet more info was Sunday 27th @ 14:08

and so far today (can't expect them to work sat/sun) there is no reply.

and similarly I have been buying their products since Artworks and before.

a personal acknowledgement would have been nice as I have made it clear the issue I have means I cannot run my current version of Xara which is quite drastic.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by ajreed View Post
    Strange this - I have been victim of much the same recently, and the history is -

ticket raised Monday 21st Nov @ 21:08
    1st reply received Thursday 24th Nov @ 13:40
    my 2nd post with answers they asked for was @ 15:14 same day
    my 3rd post with more info Saturday 26th @ 12:45
    my 4th post with yet more info was Sunday 27th @ 14:08

and so far today (can't expect them to work sat/sun) there is no reply.

and similarly I have been buying their products since Artworks and before.

a personal acknowledgement would have been nice as I have made it clear the issue I have means I cannot run my current version of Xara which is quite drastic.
    Just to keep you up to date, support has today been back in touch, finally, but with no solution, just asking for log files.

That being said, I've found it's an auto export and upload function issue, so manually export as html to a clean and new folder and use a program like Filezilla to upload; this sorted the problem with the upload up, but not the issue with 365.

I think we've finally cracked the problem, though not sure how it occurred in the first place....

Xara Support suggested this and it seems to have done the trick, BUT, increase the time outs to 20000, not the 10000 it suggests as that didn't seem to work.

Please see below for the key for your program:

64bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro x64\12\Options\FTPLibcURL

(if you have 32bit version adjust accordingly the registry entry)

values:
    ConnectTimeout = 10000
    LoginTimeout = 10000
    ResponseTimeout = 10000