Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trying to Install Xara Pro

Ok. I bought the latest pro version of Xara Designer Pro. And there's a problem with it. It won't install. It is an upgrade from my X10 version. However, I don't have the software (X10) on my computer right now because I have reached the max number of times it can be installed (new computer here). But I went ahead and bought the upgrade anyway.

Here's my delima: The new software will not install. It reaches the "modify" stage and after that stage it stops. Nothing. It will let me keep on "modifying" the install process but it won't complete the install completely. I tried running it as "Administrator" but it doesn't work. It never reaches the License number stage.....which, by the way, I do have the License number, waiting to be used.

I am a long time Xara customer and love the software immensely. In fact, I don't use Illustrator or anybody. Just Xara. And I have clients who depend on me to make their designs.

Any suggestions?

Mark Wagner
    Aurora, Colorado
    USA

Default Re: Trying to Install Xara Pro

Great! I finished installing it! It works, except there's a catch. It's already asked me to activate it twice. Bummer.

Anywho... I just tried to export a PDF and it failed to work. I only installed it because my Photo & Graphic Designer failed to do the same thing.

Dagnabit! It keeps asking me to "Activate" it. How come? Please, someone...HELP!!!

Default Re: Trying to Install Xara Pro

I'd contact xara [sales] and ask them to reset your activation process - explaining what the issue was - activation problems are usually computer specific - you may need to uninstall/reinstall: both as admin; get xara's advice on this

I don't know why the pdf failed - you don't give details of what happened - could be too big, or it simply be that the installation issues are blocking it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...