Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My turn to ask for feedback on these 100% Xara logos.

I've just e-mail them to the customer - so lets see if you can pick before they do? I've sent a set of variations (colour, with shadow etc) and a few other ideas I don't like that they may prefer. But here are what I think are my best two.

Turan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	idea_1_edge.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	3861  

My turn to ask for feedback on these 100% Xara logos.

I've just e-mail them to the customer - so lets see if you can pick before they do? I've sent a set of variations (colour, with shadow etc) and a few other ideas I don't like that they may prefer. But here are what I think are my best two.

Turan

They asked for a strong bold "platinum" logo, but I did this and like it.

Name:	idea_2.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	3696  

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Weddings are suppose to be cheerful, full of color, flowers and love. I vote for #2 I doubt if #1 (their color idea) would produce many calls.

Judi

I'd go for #2 as well unless you redo #1 with a metallic silvery look.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

I vote for # 2 of course !

I didn't know the relation between onion and the symbolics of the wedding ??? Please give us some explanation.

ivan

Have fun, re-invent the Rose.

Turan

The onion reference is to your title Expert Onions Please :-)

INOB (I'm No Onion But...) #2 of course. Although I would like to see a number 2a that addresses the word Platinum.

The letterforms in design two are an interesting second read and add texture and depth to the two hearts design.

My dos centavos Nuevo Mexicano

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Me too I think 2 is best - as you say Christine maybe with a metalic look. I did these colour first as I thought a metalic heart would not look good.

That all said - just of the phone to the customer and they like no1 (there we a few other ideas but I knew myself it was done to one of these two).
    They said:
    "like the boldness however, can we make it more elegent looking / traditional looking, perhaps with italic format??"

Don't know if any other font will give the same idea but will post (if I manage to get more than one alternative).

They said that no2 was two 'arty' - maybe they are right. I take it by "second read" you had to look twice to see the PWC in the heart? Also, my idea was three letter that look like a heart - you seem to see 2 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] - the power of art.

I'm dissapointed they did not take No2 as you can see I put more time into it than the other (you could say I really put my heart into it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Pun ).

At an earlier post indicated you have to stop taking it personnal when people don't pick the one you want them to.

Turan

PS sorry about the onion pun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Turan,

If its #1, then perhaps the outline of "platinum" could resemble tubular chrome and use therefore some blueish tints(as Gary uses in his chrome fills) to liven things up.

Another idea (and not sure its a good one) is that the fill of "platinum" could imitate the surface of a large silver serving piece ... you know the ornate silver trays which have engraved designs in the middle.

They went for this one. Dispite putting it to them and them likeing it I dont know if it will look well on papper eg for letter heads and business card etc. I guess a cream paper might help that.

Any views or advice?

Turan

Name:	idea_3_4.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	10074