Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Removing numbers from slider widgets does not carry through to website

Hello

I'm using Xara Web Designer 9 Premium, and trying to manually alter the bundled slideshow widget.

An example using "cycle 6" (slideshow image cycling widget with page numbers and navigation arrows)

I click on the html placeholder in my website, click on edit widget, and in the panel that opens up I go to the first image/page (in the page & layer gallery bar on the right hand side), expand the objects, expand the mouseoff section, unlock the repeating group that contains the numbers that appear as an overlay to the image, and delete them (from all pages)

Looking at the large size images on the left hand side, the numbers are now removed from each page, leaving the main image, the text box and the navigation buttons. Save the widget. Preview. Slideshow still contains the numbers in the top right corner. Go back to website view and the html placeholder image also contains the numbers in top right corner. Preview entire website, numbers still there. Tried saving, closing down, and re-opening file, but numbers still there when previewed, but not when viewing the widget edit window.

I've tried similar with the Nivo and Fade Effects Slideshows, but getting the same result.... seem to be able to delete various elements from the widget page, but they always come back when I preview.

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Default Re: Removing numbers from slider widgets does not carry through to website

The widgets have these features built in so unless you edit and republish the associated JS file, you are stuck.
    To get round this, I have added CSS Widgets for most of this sliders that hide this artefacts.

Try searching Google with https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?q=sit...acorn%20slider

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Removing numbers from slider widgets does not carry through to website

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The widgets have these features built in so unless you edit and republish the associated JS file, you are stuck.
    To get round this, I have added CSS Widgets for most of this sliders that hide this artefacts.

Try searching Google with https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?q=sit...acorn%20slider

Acorn
    Many thanks