Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Scheme Scammed?

Default Scheme Scammed?

Okay. I have this re-occurring problem. Xara Designer Pro X10 was my first Xara software. And it worked quite well, for a while so I held out until now to get the latest version. Only, since I don't use the web design stuff, I decided to go for the Xara Photo Graphic & Designer v. 12 instead of the pro version. It has all I need. But I've run into the same problem I always had with the pro version: Both SAY they have color schemes to choose from. But I can't find it. I've looked many many times but it's just not there.http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/whathe.gif

Plus, I have tried to create a "permanent" color (my version of the color gold) on the standard palette. But I just can't figure out how, wish I could (just a dream I suppose).

Mark

Default Re: Scheme Scammed?

utilities/options/view tab - then chose option for 'edit local colours in'

to make a colour 'permanent' you need to make it a named colour - which you do in the colour editor
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I've tried creating a new color by naming it "Mark's Gold" and it works, as long as I don't close the document. If I save it and close the document and then "re-open" the file later the named color has magically vanished. So, it's not even permanent to the document, let alone permanent on the standard palette. *sigh*

1. Under Options > View, uncheck "Delete unused colors and styles when saving".

If you're fine with leaving this feature off, you can stop there. However, if you want to enable it but also have custom colors show up in your documents by default, continue on with these next steps:

2. Create colors as needed.
    3. Go to File > Save Template, and check "Use as default template when saving".
    4. Re-enable "Delete unused colors and styles when saving" if desired.

From now on, when you open the program, the new document will have the custom color(s) you created. If they've been used anywhere when you save the file, they will stick around, otherwise they will be stripped out.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Try drag and drop this onto your default template and resaving the template. It should then contain the gold named colours.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Also search for themecolorscheme on your hard drive, I've got gazillions.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's another, using 'base' for a named colour and shades there of.

Again just drag & drop it into a xar page to add the named colour & shades of that colour.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

I wanted to point out that on my system to see Egg's color schemes, I had to down load the file then drag & drop. When I clicked on the link, I could not just say open in Xara or drag and drop from the Web page to Xara.

Ray

Thanks, EVERYONE!

I figured it out, with your help, of course. Now, I have COLOR SCHEMES! Not many yet, but right now I have 55 color schemes, which, isn't much, I know. But that's certainly better than the two I started with! Which, incidentally, the first two that comes with the Xara program, isn't really a scheme, just some basic colors, no rhyme or reason. LOL! Now, I'm a happy camper and I don't even go camping!

Thanks again, everybody!
    Mark

Glad you sorted it Mark. You may be interested in Brian Ethringtons Xpal. It creates pal files you can load into Xara.

LINK TO XPAL
    Egg