Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Web-Export of single pages

This post reminded me of something I wanted to ask before: It was helpful if one could not only preview single webpages
    but also export these. As you already write the page content in the background to allow the preview, this should be easy to add.

Reasons:
    Quicker isolation of page content which causes errors for upload to TG.
    Quick check of structure and size of exported pages support files.

Default Re: Web-Export of single pages

When you preview a page, all the assets are published locally to Xara's inbuilt server. This is not the same a a single Xar / Web design page.
    If you want that capability, just copy the page into a new Xara file.

So see what's been "published", use the browser's Developer Tools.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Probably not possible because of the way Xara sometimes assigns different names to images when changes are made to a site.

You can publish the site to a folder on your desktop and then upload the new page to your server via FTP but if Xara has changed the names of the images your page will not look as you expected.

NotObjects Fusion lets users publish only a single page or select number of pages but they have a very different publishing scheme.

What I actually meant was "export single page as .web /.xar". My second sentence may have been misleading...
    I wasn't thinking of Server upload but about checking exported content on the local disk and possible upload
    of the Xara file to TG. A little checkbox in the Save dialog (as available in many programs) was enough:
    "Save current page only", alternatively one could offer a comma separated page-range.

I consider unnecessary clumsy and error-prone to Select All, to unlock all Popup Layers, to copy to clipboard,
    to create a new document, to paste in place, to decide whether or not to match styles, to adapt page width
    and length and to finally delete the first page of the new document. Xara could conveniently solve all this for
    us and it was very helpful for noobs and advanced users alike.

If you right click the page in the page layer gallery you can copy it and paste into a new doc and then save it as a one page xar file. It should bring everything over I think, even if it's hidden.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Xtom, you are correct with this, thanks! You still need to adapt the new document and it
    is unlikely that all custom scripts are copied as well.
    I frankly don't understand all the backfire. Wouldn't it make things easier? Do you consider
    this a lot of work which would hinder Xara programmers adding the cool stuff?

What I ask for is a long standing standard in countless products.
    I personally liked best to have the copied single page appear as a new tab.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-10-27_13h01_54.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	114832  

Another method would be delete all pages except the one(s) you want and save as a new xar file. This should keep all the doc settings. But if the pages don't have the scripts on them don't expect them to stay. Just make sure to save file as a new name and keep backups!
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Thank you Tom,
    I was aware of all these options and believe it or not – I would still prefer a single click solution. :o)
    Here's Photoshop...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-10-27_14h46_00.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	114833  

Fair enough but the deleting page method is pretty quick. Just select the first page and shift click on the last, and then hit delete to delete many pages at once. Can save a new 1 page doc from a 100 page doc in a few seconds.

It's indeed the best option we currently have.