Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default another candidate for worst font...ever

I won't name the font, but there are a lot of these weird excuses for modern art fonts lurking on sites such as Creative Market, that crop up in my inbox from time to time.
    I'm not sure of the description that is given to fonts of this sort, but I'd like to know so that I can avoid them in future.

Attached is what is meant as a jokey pastiche of the kind of thing I mean, complete with an appropriately "arty" background and stupid spelling.
    Does anybody around here like/own/use these things?
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phont.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	114704  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: another candidate for worst font...ever

I agree, Too many of these type of fonts are listed everywhere.

As for description a lot of them are called Hand Drawn but I like your description better- Crappy Font.

Ray

Default Re: another candidate for worst font...ever

I agree,
    It is a "Crappy Font", and there are lots of them out there. This may be one of the worst I have seen. What's worse is some of therm actually charge for them.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.