Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Childhood CARTOON Memories

Sorry Rik that is a drawing. I worked very hard on it so here is the line.
    Certainly not the caliber of your work however.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	115741
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Sorry Rik that is a drawing. I worked very hard on it so here is the line.
    Certainly not the caliber of your work however.

Name:	line.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	115741
    My sincere apologies.

The text in the speech bubble is very unclear. I think that's what fooled me.
    So, for me at least, let me know what it says.

And as for quality, as a drawing, you seemed to have captured the look very well indeed.

I do have one question, though.
    The wireframe lines are crisp and sharp. So, how did you achieve the roughness on the lines in the drawing?
    Last edited by Rik; 30 December 2016 at 07:58 AM.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Ah say, I like it boy. One thing I would do is choose a comic book font for the speech bubble ~ it would give a realistic finish.
    There are a lot of free ones for personal use at Blambot.
    Digital Strip BB would work well.
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 30 December 2016 at 07:32 AM. Reason: addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hope this answers the question as to what the speech bubble says.
    I started and stopped several times so and moved things around a lot, in and out, from one layer to another and in general just kept at it until I finally got a result I wanted. So why are the lines rough, I don't really know. For some reason I started having trouble and I couldn't resize properly which was wierd, I would type in a value and it kept giving me a different value, so I grouped every thing and made a bitmap hoping that would help it didn't so exported and resized with Irfanview, I just kept at it until finally I got a size I could post. Why is the speech bubble unclear, I don't know that either, probably for the same reason the lines are rough, or maybe it was Irfanview.

Name:	speech bubble.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	115747

Here are a couple of my Xars if you want to take them apart.
    One shows all the layers and one shows the texturing on the background, and is more or less the final.

foghorn leghiorn 9-2-3.xar
    foghorn leghiorn 9-1.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Larry.
    Your file '9-1', I found some issues in that some lines had '0' value assigned to them. Also, the text had line width applied as well. And when the text is very small, then this will make the text unclear.
    Your file '9-2-3', There's nothing much wrong apart from the text. Which I have replaced with another narrow font to fit your original speech bubble.
    I've also changed the shadow on the characters, as cartoons of that time didn't really have much in the way of shadows.
    Then simply exported the drawing. And I can't see what problems you were having with that?!

Anyway, you've done a great drawing and now it look great also.
    Deserving of your hard work.

File '9-2-3-rik' attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	larry's foghorn leghorn.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	115748  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thank you Rik. I like what you did. especially with the shadow.
    I don't remember putting a line around the font but I do remember changing the font to something more legible from what I started out with.
    The last day I worked on that cartoon must have been a bad day because no matter what I did went horribly wrong. My brain must have turned to oatmeal or something. Man I hate getting old.

Bob mentioned using a cartoon font instead of the one I used. I must admit I had considered that but I thought the one I used for Foghorn Leghorn looked good and went with the image so used that one, at least I thought that was the font he was talking about, maybe not, If it was the text in the balloon, I agree but I just didn't happen to find one that fit very well at the time.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

"I don't remember putting a line around the font" In fact I know I didn't at least not on purpose but I did so many operations that inadvertently I probably did.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509