Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Before I Go Any Further - Can Some of You Folks Give Me Some Feedback

First I have to say that after a month of putting DPX through the ringer, aside from a few initial glitches, I'm now feeling pretty confident using the new version.
    It's seems to be very solid - no major problems. In fact, I've even cancelled my Adobe Illustrator, Muse etc. subscriptions. For what I need to do, Xara is MORE then able.
    Actually, I'm lovin' the hell out of it.... again. I know the artists among us object to almost anything but a vector drawing app, but for me, Xara is right on target.

So, I'm going to transfer and create my series of instruction sites (I call them 'online ebooks') for PC and TABLET over to, and back to Xara where I originally began.

The link below is just a short (much more to go) experimental part of my 'online ebook' that I would ask you to test on your PC's and TABLETS. That is what they're going to be
    created for... not smart phones - because of the nature of the subject.

So thanks much for the feedback, criticism and any other constructive advice you may have to offer.

Cliff

http://www.learnpopandjazzpianonewsl...s/polychords1/

Default Re: Before I Go Any Further - Can Some of You Folks Give Me Some Feedback

I like it. Works fine in Firefox.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Before I Go Any Further - Can Some of You Folks Give Me Some Feedback

Hi Cmpan 1 I have moved this to the web design area as it basically pertains to creating websites. If you have any questions regarding the creation of graphics for example say you wanted to create a graphic of some piano keys to place on your sites then you could certainly ask for help with that in the graphic chat area.

So far I've tested your site on my PC in the latest Chrome browser and all works well, though I found the navigation a little confusing, but that might just be me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Gary....

Thanks Frances - opps... yes, of course "website".

Cliff

... though I found the navigation a little confusing, but that might just be me.
    On the link given I couldn't see any navigation
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    On the link given I couldn't see any navigation
    Egg, if you would scroll to the bottom of the opening page you will see 'Let's Get Started' link into the main pages.

I guess that's what Frances meant. So that might be a bit confusing if folks do not get to the bottom of the page.

Ah, I see it now cmpan1. However, I suggest that the fact that both Frances & I missed this should tell you that you need to concentrate on your site navigation. Personally I like to see site navigation at the top of the page, better still stuck to the top of the page. I love roll-overs, they indicate links etc. It's a KISS approach.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg and Frances - changed the site navigation. Does it make better sense to you now?

Thanks
    Cliff

http://www.learnpopandjazzpianonewsl...s/polychords1/

I wrote a long list of things I thought could be improved about the website and then looked for other websites in the same general area and rather than me critique what you have now, I invite you to look here:

http://www.flowkey.com/en

The design is modern and elegant. No distracting gimmicks, multiple fonts, garish colours that clash. Notice how the message about playing music is easy to see and there is a sense of hierarchy and organisation. It works on mobile. No Text With Capitals All Over The Place.

Study flowkey closely, start again and let us see what you come up with.

Don't see this as a defeat, but as a step towards a better website. We all want you to do well.

Please don't stick with what you have now.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Their design is modern and elegant. No distracting gimmicks, multiple fonts, garish colours that clash. Notice how the message about playing music is easy to see and there is a sense of hierarchy and organisation. It works on mobile. No Text With Capitals All Over The Place.

Please don't stick with what you have now.

Paul
    Hi Paul, sorry for the late 'thanks'.... Are you saying my online ebook...

isn't "elegant?"

has "distracting gimmicks?"

uses "multiple fonts?"

and "garish colors that clash?" LOL

I do appreciate your feedback.... again thanks.

Would love to see some of your work for an even better idea of some of the things you suggest other then just the one (flowkey) you recommended.

regards
    Cliff
    Last edited by cmpan1; 24 October 2016 at 03:51 AM. Reason: typo
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)