Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara.com web pages

I need to know:

Reading the xara.com pages is a real pain (see attachment screen cap) is it that Firefox is being the problem? The same page is functional as an index navigation page in Chrome, I don't have the knothole view of the page like Firefox is giving me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara.com_page.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	114529  

Default Re: Xara.com web pages

Hi VC, try Ctrl + 0(zero)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. The ctrl+0 does scale Xara.com content to fit the window. The suggestion also gave me a hint what to google for. Firefox is known for stylesheet hell. Interesting, but the ctrl-zero a second time doesn't toggle the zoom back to large type.

I've got a webstie project coming up. I bought Xara pro. If the Xara templates are the problem I may have to revert back to hand-coded pages.

Hi again VC, it's nothing to do with Xara, it's the Zoom factor of the Browser window. Ctrl++ zooms in, Ctrl+- zooms out, Ctrl+0 resets the zoom to 100%. Look at the View/Zoom menubar in FF.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It has been a long, long time that I did the old DOM/javascript way of life. I will bone up on the sniff command for 'mozilla' or 'netscape' and see if on the client-side I can substitute templates. I appreciate that Xara is trying in good faith to present the best image it knows how.

I fail to follow your point VC. It's not a Xara issue. It's not a Xara template issue. The page you saying that's giving you a problem isn't even created in Xara.

It's the browser that giving the odd view because it's zoomed in. I don't know how you managed to zoom in, but that's the issue.
    Egg