Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation Any fix to get Google Fonts [Add...] working again?

Technical support, especially over the weekends and on German national holidays (Happy Tag der Deutschen Einheit, 3 Oct.) seems to be non-existent on Xara, but... there isn't any other graphic tool like Xara.

Having said that, I added one Google font from the menu of XP&GD365. A day later the same procedure brings up a constant Message Box "You need to be online to use this feature." [OK].

I've tried all the troubleshoot suggestions on Xara support site to check my network, my firewall, my proxy settings and none of that seems to apply.

So, have any of you had a similar issue and lost the option to add Google fonts? Anybody tried un-install Xara and re-install just to get the folder contents back the way Xara has to have it? That's my last idea to try unless there is an easier fix.

Default Re: Any fix to get Google Fonts [Add...] working again?

Not saying this is the answer but there seems to be a few members having similar issues like this today.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Welcome to TalkGraphics from Golf Whiskey Papa

The first thing to try when times get wonky is close the program, then right click on the program icon and Run as Administrator. This often solves a multitude of odd problems. You only need to do it one time and it will either make the problem go away or it will not. If it does not let us know and I will try to get someone from Xara to respond.

No, the Xara support pages did suggest the right-click => Run as Administrator (Win10 flashes Option message box, Do you want this software to make changes on this computer? [Yes/No]. Xara loads, and still no joy on selecting a Google font. Yet, I can surf over to Google fonts in my FF and peruse fonts in a preview page.

One other oddity, Right-click the desktop icon for Xara, select => Troubleshoot compatibility, and that has a path to view the mfg. certificate. That Microsoft cert is out of date. The certificate ended in Sept. 2016.

I bet I do end up uninstall > reinstall.

I bought a cheapo Win10 box just for Xara. I blame unfamiliarity with the Microsoft 'One Drive' and moved my data folders around.

Hi all,

We made a mistake in a DNS change which inadvertently stopped the site being accessible from some parts of the world - it should all be accessible again now, please let us know if you encounter any more problems.

Thanks,

Marc

Hi Marc!

The Alert Message Box: "You must be online to use that feature" [OK] went away. A browser comes up with the title bar [Xara logo] Add Google fonts... the web location: "downloadsv12.xara.com web fonts index.html" and in the body of the web page is the "404 page not found".

So, no joy.

- Brad

Tech support answered my ticket. Several hours later the google fonts [Add...] link does again work. The software works well on Win10. The issue I was having was a cause of internet routing.

happy Xara user !