Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fully justify text while minimizing large spaces between words.

I have been experimenting with interring text in various shapes such as circles, triangles, etc. I can get the text arranged within the shape but when I select full justify I get some big gapes between words. Is there a way to minimize the amount of space between words in Xara Pro X11. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Manny

Info Re: Fully justify text while minimizing large spaces between words.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    I have been experimenting with interring text in various shapes such as circles, triangles, etc. I can get the text arranged within the shape but when I select full justify I get some big gapes between words. Is there a way to minimize the amount of space between words in Xara Pro X11. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
    Manny
    Manny, X11 pads the letters of words and between words.

All you can do is use more smaller words, tweak the font size or adjust the dimensions of the shape and text block.

You can apply finer control adding a smaller ellipse or two inside your text block and move these around or reshape.
    I use them with no fill and a line colour matching the background. You can also set them to 99.5% transparency.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Fully justify text while minimizing large spaces between words.

You can select the text, or a line of text and adjust the tracking (the overall space between characters and words). When I am working with a block of text, for example in a book, and I have a one word widow at the end of a paragraph, I adjust the tracking of the last line or two of text (- amounts) until the widow line pops up to the end of the line above.

If the spacing between words on a line of text is too pronounced, adding (+) tracking to the line can minimize the word spacing.

Default Re: Fully justify text while minimizing large spaces between words.

In the end, no matter what combinations of typographical adjustments are done (like what Gary suggests), copy editing is often a good first step.