Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Increasing resolution

Hi,
    A neighbour sent me an image for a label he has workedon.He tried sending it to a printter but they said the image was not of high enough resolution. I wondered whether the image would ahve to re-worked or whether the resolution could be increased within Xara? He used a free trial od ai and has a pdf of the image. Could anyone advise please? Unfortunately the ai file is 948kb and can't be uploaded.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Increasing resolution

The PDF is a form. The PDF contains no bitmap images. There is no resolution as it is all vector and text. The printer may not really know what they are talking about. But the form aspect of it could be causing issues.

I've attached a ZIP of two files. One leaving the text as text, the other converting what live text there was into shapes (curves).

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Increasing resolution

BTW, the label is perhaps a bit on the narrow side @ a bit less than 2" wide (5 cm)--unless these are very skinny bottles.

If the print establishment tries to load this into AI to manipulate, the form fields which contain text, will not appear in AI.