Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unable to modify Fade Effects Slideshow

After working with a couple of slideshow widgets, I thought I was beginning to understand how to make some basic modifications. But moving the numbers on the Fade Effects widget hasn't worked out (see below for As Edited and As Displayed).

For reference, there's an example here on the forum (fass-without-slide-numbers.web) where the number entries have been deleted from the image layers, so it is possible to edit the structure of the widget.

What I don't understand is why I'm able to edit the location of the numbers (and see them in the new position on the edit screen), but when I close/save the edit, they revert to the lower left. What is doing that?

I admit that I don't understand how slider widgets are implemented in Xara. And there doesn't appear to be an overview explanation, anywhere. They seem to be a melding of layout definition and canned HTML from somewhere. But where does the widget's HTML reside? And is it changeable? (I'll mention that a couple of years ago, I did end up editing the exported HTML to implement some small alteration. But, in no way is that the kind of production solution that's reasonable.)

Thanks for any assistance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edited.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	114367 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Displayed.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	114368

Thumbs down Re: Unable to modify Fade Effects Slideshow

All I can manage is the code to align the control to the right:
    <style>

[id$="cycleFade_nav"] {
    float: right;
    top: -300px;
    }

</style>
    The top part seems to be reset by the widget code everytime an image is cycled.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat