Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Scale Images in Xara Web Designer Premium 365

Hi, I have just started to use Xara despite having bought it a few months ago. I am at the very beginning of creating a site and I want to scale an image keeping the width to height ratio the same. I see that holding down Ctrl while dragging a corner is supposed to scale the image but it just seems to either double the width or height in a large jump. Am I doing something stupidly wrong?

Default Re: Scale Images in Xara Web Designer Premium 365

Hi Chris and welcome to TalkGraphics

There is a small padlock icon on the Infobar at the top of the screen. When this icon is in the down position, scaling will increase and decrease the same percentage. When the padlock icon is in the up position the scaling is not proportional.

Hold down the Ctrl key to make an ellipse a circle or a rectangle a square.

Also as long as the padlock (Lock Aspect Ratio) icon is enabled (down) you can enter a size or percentage, hit Enter and the item will scale proportionately,

This help?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hi Chris and welcome to TalkGraphics

There is a small padlock icon on the Infobar at the top of the screen. When this icon is in the down position, scaling will increase and decrease the same percentage. When the padlock icon is in the up position the scaling is not proportional.

Hold down the Ctrl key to make an ellipse a circle or a rectangle a square.

Also as long as the padlock (Lock Aspect Ratio) icon is enabled (down) you can enter a size or percentage, hit Enter and the item will scale proportionately,

This help?
    Hi gwpriester
    Thanks for the welcome and thanks so much for the answer. That works (of course). Brilliant.