Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anybody help re Feedback options

hi, I am looking for an option to provide customers a way to leave feedback within/on my xara webdesigner 11 website.

Ideally i would like a way for the feedback to be left and automatically update on the site itself. I have attempted this before for other sites using wordpress but thats a lot of hassle for what it does and there is a learning curve for the client who in this case is not the brightest so it needs to be easy for them.

i have also used sites like freeindex.com where people can login there and leave feedback for the clients business and i have that feedback populate the site in an iframe. in the past i have had clients complaint that they cannot see the feedback (as their browser or phone does not support iframes), so thats not ideal either.

So again here i am at the same place again and wondered if anyone else has found an easy solution to implement in a webdesigner website that is also easy for the person to leave a review.

We are talking about a 'tight' client here who wants everything for free, so a paid option is not on the cards so neither is a simple contact form to collect the feedback and me then to update the 'feedback page' with the reviewers feedback.

Everyone wants it for free these days!

Any help appreciated.
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Default Re: Anybody help re Feedback options

Hi TXAlba, have you considered Google Forms? Free to use but take some editing. Depends on how much you and the client want to input.

I'll attach the xar file but it does take some understanding of what's going on.

You can view a demo here. Anyone, feel free to add some feedback on the form.

Only the feedback form & feedback responses buttons work
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 24 September 2016 at 11:11 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thats good work Egg, appreciate the response, and attaching the .xar is a step above.

This will certainly be useful and gives me something to explore further, thank you

Thats good work Egg, appreciate the response, and attaching the .xar is a step above.

I use google forms for first contact, or rather i did for sometime till i decided a simple contact form was just as good.
    But for this, it would certainly do the job and you have shown that for feedback this may be the way to go (unless a paid option is on the cards)

Its such a pity that facebook dont allow you to tap into their review system, maybe thats something they will do in the future.

Certainly food for thought, thank you

Hope it gives you something to work on
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host