Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wishlist - Animated slider like THIS!

If Xara could provide some means to give us a slider like this, it would be wonderful..! Check this out.

https://www.easytracgps.com/

It's SUPER responsive! Check out the animated background that works in at any size as you scale the window. The animated pop-up texts and images are done so nicely.

Default Re: Wishlist - Animated slider like THIS!

Much of that can already be done in Xara. I can't replicate the background image enlarging, perhaps Acorn or Siran can help. The slider isn't as smooth as real slider:

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

You're a GENIUS! Are you adding the slide-in images in the slider itself?

When will Xara add a truly responsive slider?

That's a nice effect with the screenshots and objects sliding into the slider. Egg can you share a xar file? Looks like it's all done with animations and not a slider widget?
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Hi, of course xtom. Correct it isn't a slider, it's an independant site of three pages. Each page has the following javascript to load the next page after 8.5 seconds

<script>
    $(document).ready(function () {
    // Handler for .ready() called.
    window.setTimeout(function () {
    location.href = "http://www.parkeston.com/slider2/index.htm";
    }, 8500);
    });
    </script>

You can view this mini-site HERE

The mini site is then loaded into a placeholder on the 'main' site.

It's a shame Xara animations can't be extended beyond Speed 5 secs Delay 10 secs. You could create the whole thing as a true slider then

I tried to see if I could get the same effect using a supersite but I couldn't get it to work. Perhaps Siran or Acorn could create a better solution.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,
    not sure what the advantage of a supersite will be, but here it is.
    Also added the zoom in effect.
    No real change to the loader, only changed the iframe source.
    Have not changed your documents text but the code and the css for the zoom effect are at the website head.
    Sorry, I'm in a hurry...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great siran and thanks for your input.

not sure what the advantage of a supersite will be, but here it is.
    I believe the advantage of a supersite over a conventional site will be that the supersite only needs loading once. On my example it just reloads the three pages one after the other ad infinitum. Or more simply, reload, reload, reload, reload every 8.5 seconds.

The zoom script is fantastic!

The only problem I can't overcome at present is to get the slider-loader to load the sider-pages supersite.

Link to your slider supersite, which is fantastic, is HERE

Just can't load it into a placeholder.
    Egg

Hi Egg,
    I think it is a security issue. Your browser is too new.
    It should work if both pages are exported to the same domain, see HERE.
    The problem is that the supersite tries to access a global variable on the main page, and modern browsers do not allow this if the main site is on another domain.
    To make it work in preview you will have to first export the HTML of both documents to the same folder before previewing. And you will have to use a relative address (e.g. subfolder/slider.htm) for the src attribute of the iframe instead of a full URL like http://www.xyz.com/...
    To completely avoid the problem you would have to edit the two files roe.js and prs4.js of the supersite and replace all occurances of "top.isRemotePresenter" with "false" (without the doublequotes). That can't be done with coding as far as I know because at least one of the references is already executed at the time the script is loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by iannicholson View Post
    If Xara could provide some means to give us a slider like this, it would be wonderful..! Check this out.

https://www.easytracgps.com/

It's SUPER responsive! Check out the animated background that works in at any size as you scale the window. The animated pop-up texts and images are done so nicely.
    That is why I mourn the death of flash animation. That would be super simple in flash, would run smoother and be even more responsive.

Guess we're all at the mercy of the Apple and Android gods.

Does anyone know of a way with html5 to actually create decent animations that don't have to be hand coded?

Couldn't agree more Dijenga. There is an alternative called Hippani Animator. I tested it to see what it was like and for simple animations it was quite good. There's a free & paid versions.

Here's one I tested it on using images from the bottletop thread. All HTML5
    Egg