Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro 11 Text Links

I have recently noticed that when Designer Pro 11 is used to export web pages it appears display text links differently form Designer Pro X10.

In Pro 11 there seems to be space added that is dependant on the length of the text link, the longer the text link, the longer the space.

See attached pdf screenshot which shows an extracts from two html web pages, one exported from Pro 11 and another exported from Pro X10.

The Xara source file was saved in the latest Pro 11 (v11.2.3.40788) format.

I don't think it is associated with the new dash/hyphen, as it seems to make no difference if Auto Hyphenation is on or off.

I have checked 'Web Properties' and everything seems fine.

I fully appreciate I am missing the obvious, I just know there is a setting to fix this somewhere.

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Designer Pro 11 Text Links

I think it may have to do with opening a website created with an older version. There is a dialog that appears and offers the option to update or use the original formatting. This only appears one time as far as I know when you open an older site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	update.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	110195  

To check whether this is a Legacy Text Formatting issue.....

I opened a similar Pro X10 file in Pro 11 and saved it as a new file, which I think should of converted everything to a Pro 11 format, exported that and got the and got the same result as the screen shot.

I also opened other similar Pro X10 files in Pro 11 and if I accepted Legacy Text Formatting or not, it made no difference, these all exported with the extra spaces.

Could it be a bug in Pro 11 Export Website routine?

Steve

Is it possible to upload an example design file? I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

Further investigation indicates it is a browser issue, the page displays incorrectly in Firefox, IE11, Opera and Safari all seem to be OK.

I thought those days were behind us.

I have attached a sample file for completeness.

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think you should create a ticket for this. When 'Legacy web browser line lenght compatibility' is enabled it displays correctly in Firefox but incorrctly in IE. If disabled it displays correctly in IE but incorrectly in Firefox.
    The behavior is different for other fonts.

I have followed your advice and raised a ticket, we shall see what happens.

Steve

I just found this posting. I am having the same issue as the OP, TopCatToo. The spacing changes depending on whether you have "use legacy web browser line length compatibility" (in the "General" tab) checked or un-checked. I also found that on two of my four computers, changing Firefox's " use hardware acceleration" setting (requires browser restart) also had the same effect except it inserted less space instead of more.

I also submitted a ticket six weeks ago. I worked with two different support people who both said they could duplicate the problem. They both walked away without offering any help. I have heard nothing from tech support in the last 10 days. I am not impressed with them.

My question is to the OP, did you find any solution or did support offer any help?

I would think that Xara would want to know what is causing this.
    Last edited by tomsbs; 25 September 2016 at 09:42 PM. Reason: add more info