Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 365 New Error: Is This Error Familiar To Anyone?

Hi dstrege08,

Apologies for the delay, the update for the other programs is not ready yet, but I will update this thread the second it is.

Thanks,
    Ben

I have older versions of xara on my laptop but since downloading windows 10 they no longer open, all I get is error code 6. Put a ticket into xara and tried to do what they told me but it didn't work. I've had to purchase the lastest version but unfortunately I've lost a lot of graphics etc. with my older versions. Wish I could get them back, any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    I have older versions of xara on my laptop but since downloading windows 10 they no longer open, all I get is error code 6. Put a ticket into xara and tried to do what they told me but it didn't work. I've had to purchase the lastest version but unfortunately I've lost a lot of graphics etc. with my older versions. Wish I could get them back, any advice?
    Your latest version will open older XAR / WEB files. You don't need the older applications for that.

I have W10 and versions back to v8 still working.

What was Xara's advice?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

the files should open - but some features are not longer supported from previous versions, eg: some transparency modes and some font variants
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Guys,

The 12.4 updates for Xara Designer Pro and Xara Web Designer Premium are now live. Your current installs of Xara should pick them up.

If you were having the Vista issue where it wouldn't open, you should now be able to uninstall and re-install the program using the latest installer on our website, www.xara.com

Thanks,
    Ben