Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: 365 New Error: Is This Error Familiar To Anyone?

Well I know you did the first time. But then you reinstalled and all bets are off. You only need to try Run as Administrator one time but that is one time for each install.

Thanks Gary. I was just thinking the 64 bit would use more of my 6 GB RAM. Ever since that was big news (back "a few" years). I'm still using VISTA so I can use all the help I can get. I still think it's strange that these all started around the same time.
    David

After another attempt to reinstall the 64-bit XDPX I continue to receive Error -57 when I try to launch. I also went ahead and installed 32-bit version with no luck. It gave me an Error -72. Its nice to know it at least has a large set of numbers to select from.

I also visited my Support ticket and updated it with my most recent attempts. I used to think that would give them some insight about what I've tried and where we can pick up from, but so far it says no one has even been assigned to the ticket.

Another week gone...
    David

Exclamation Re: 365 New Error: Is This Error Familiar To Anyone?

Has anyone heard anything about this error msg? The weeks are passing and still no working product for my money.
    A couple days ok, a couple weeks, but now I would like to get some tech support. Anybody heard anything???

in another thread you mentioned upgrading windows - if you do this from scratch [clean install] or get new computer this problem will likely no longer be there

vista is 'awkward' when it comes to fixing registry issues which I think this might be [though I am speaking from experience not knowledge of the error coding system] - it might also be a permissions issue, and vista is no better in that regard either, might really have to delve under the hood - look hard at your security program settings etc

it's obviously impractical to have a unique error code for every single thing that could go wrong - I understand you have raised a ticket with Xara, but they can only work with what you can give them and if the problem is 'unusual' that may well be difficult without access to the actual computer

so what I have said is not really a solution, but I got errors like these on win7 regularly, win 8/8.1 occasionally, and to date on win 10 never. [I took one long look at vista and said 'no thanks I'll wait for the next release']
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your patience whilst we found out what's going on;

The Vista issue is being caused by a recent vista update , we're trying to fix this as soon as possible and i'll update this thread when it is fixed.

Also, can both of you include your support ticket numbers, this helps us when trying to help so we can see all the information we have suggested to you.

cpman1 I think i've seen your issue before in a similar case, it was fixed after removing both the 32 and 64 bit versions, deleting their installation.ini files, disabling Firewall and re-installing (whilst running as admin). This way Xara can definitely make the connection and activate correctly. Let me know your support ticket number and I'll send you the full instructions (if we haven't already).

Thanks,
    Ben

Hi Ben, my Support ticket number is CXH-616-59927.
    I hope you meant to include it here on the thread.
    Let me know what I can try. Thanks.
    David

be interesting to know in what way the update broke the program
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Guys,

Massive thanks to all who helped with this issue. Confirmed this morning with dstrege08, that the latest version of PGD(12.3) works for him on his vista machine. We will be rolling out updates for the other programs soon (I'll update this thread when we do), but these should all work on vista from v12.3 onwards.

Thanks,
    Ben

Still waiting with some expensive XDPX software that won't run on my pc. I'll be up for my annual renewal but have only had a working program for 6 months.
    Ben, what's wrong with the picture?!