Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Suddenly

Default Suddenly

I am working on a site for the local sports club and of course due to the usual lack of info it has been some time in the production.

I did some slight updating and tested and looks ok. The problem is that when I come to export the files prior to uploading xara pro 11 stops working and windows 10 closes the file down.
    I have just upgraded to prox10 and loaded the files into that and the same thing happens.
    I know there is something in this site that causes the xara to stop working when exporting the htm files. Before I rip it apart and start again has anyone got any inclination where I might find the problem?
    Done the usual runs as admin but no affect.

help needed as usual

Cheers

Ken

Default Re: Suddenly

Has your PC enough memory?
    Close all other applications and retry.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn thanks as usual for the prompt response unfortunately being away the week end didn't let me reply before now.
    looked at what you said and didn't seem to make any difference with it crashing at about 60% of preparing for export (doesn't even reach exporting)
    I went back to Xara pro9 and it loaded(with a couple of complaints regarding a newer version of Xara) but exported perfectly ok although a couple of external links
    would not work

There are bigger sites that seem to export ok so it may well be a problem with corruption somewhere in this version but that doesn't explain exporting on in version 9

Well back to the rebuild option....unless someone knows better

Ken

Ken, it is boring but you might have some Placeholder with code that is OK in 9 but tighter checking in 10 causes a fail.
    You have three options.

Raise a Xara Ticket and supply your design file.

Clone the design file.
    Chop off the bottom half - check it now exports locally.
    If so, add back half of what you chopped and export again.

Keep on trying to set a boundary around the faulty page(s).

The last approach is to copy page by page into a new file and export after each copy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn for putting me on the right track. Copied each page to a new site one by one and exported as they were transferred until the offending page stopped it exporting. It appeared that it was down to a ver(and I mean very) long web link which appeared to be causing the problem. I had it as a direct link to a page but after switching it to a placeholder it now seems to be behaving itself. Well enough to get the site uploaded anyway. Fingers crossed.

thanks for the usual guru advice

ken

That's interesting. Never come across this before. Try using http://tinyurl.com/
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. Have of course heard way back of TinyURL but never thought to use it and makes it easier for working with and less prone to mistakes in copying and reproducing.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Thanks Acorn for putting me on the right track. Copied each page to a new site one by one and exported as they were transferred until the offending page stopped it exporting. It appeared that it was down to a ver(and I mean very) long web link which appeared to be causing the problem. I had it as a direct link to a page but after switching it to a placeholder it now seems to be behaving itself. Well enough to get the site uploaded anyway. Fingers crossed.
    thanks for the usual guru advice
    ken
    Ken, any chance of the long link so we can check and report a fault to Xara. Xara ought to be able to handle up to 2,000 characters.

Acorn