Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Filterforge doesn't support xara?

I saw some great vids by @angelize about filter forge so bought it but xara won't render any effects - the bug report I submitted to FF returned a reply that xara is not a supported application? Am i going insane - other people seem to use FF with xara with no problem... anybody have any suggestions? TIA

Default Re: Filterforge doesn't support xara?

I draw your attention to this thread (link).
    Scroll down to post #6 where Angelize explains what you need to know.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Cheers Bob - i searched for filterforge but didn't find that post. Problem is I have pointed to the right folder, and applied the change, but I suspect it's the fact i have DPX 12 64-bit that may be the issue. I'll go back over things again and see if i can get it working. It all SEEMS installed OK i can find and apply filters - and see the effect on the Xara page - but then it goes into rendering mode. And just stays there ad infinitum...

I see from your comment I can also work in FF and import, so I guess that's a backup...

Quick addendum: check out the response I just got from FilterForge!

"Sorry to disappoint you but it has never been supported. Please contact Xara users who tricked you."

BTW, this is referring to users of Xara NOT the ex-site Xara Users.

Just to clear that up ;-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

First which version of FF are you using? If you are using the beta version of FF6 it comes with 2 plugins one is 32bit and is located in the main plugin folder and the second is a 64bit plugin that resides in a subfolder in the main plug in folder. For now you need to point xara to the main plugins folder within your FF program files so it uses the 32bit plugin as the64 bit version seems to have a problem with Xara. Also you need to lock the FF effects after it has rendered, before you do anything else.

Second was that response direct from a Filter Forge support person? or was it a response on the FF forum? There are some things that Xara needs to fix and it has been my understanding that FF would be willing to work with them to actually make Xara a supported host.

Edit: If that cheeky response came from a Filter Forge support person I'd like to know. All information I have offered in my tutorials and here on the forums has been in good faith and I test before I post to make sure my tuts and suggestions do work.
    Last edited by angelize; 18 September 2016 at 04:13 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.