Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Having Troubling Placing Transparent PNG Logo file in Xara Web Designer Pro

Hello all - Hate to be the one with the 'dumb' question, but here it goes: While I'm fairly experience in web design and production, I'm new to Xara Web Designer Pro and am going nuts trying to figure out how to successfully place a Transparent PNG Logo file that I have previously created in Photoshop. There's nothing wrong with the png file; I've used it in other places before, no worries.

But, for the life of me and after many, many hours of searching online, I cannot understand what the 'magic formula' is to get the 'clear' background to show (or rather, no background to show). I have dragged the logo on top of a flat color area on a web design, and instead of the clear background around the logo, I'm seeing 'white.' I have tried everything - including the 'Transparency Tool' - but it seems to only want to give me gradations of the entire logo image faded into transparency. HELP!! :-) How do I simply get my cleat background png to work? Many thanks in advance. Jeff in Florida

Default Re: Having Troubling Placing Transparent PNG Logo file in Xara Web Designer Pro

Welcome to TalkGraphics Jeff

What version of Web Designer are you using?

Default Re: Having Troubling Placing Transparent PNG Logo file in Xara Web Designer Pro

Jeff, sorry to hear about your problem.
    I have dragged a PNG onto my MouseOff Layer and it has transparency.
    I have inserted by File > Insert... with the same result.

As a one-off try running the Xara application as right-click Run as administrator.

Also click on the Bitmap Properties in the Bitmap gallery; you need to be seeing Colours: 32-bit and Transparent: Alpha channel.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

P.S. Welcome to TalkGraphics.

In passing, there is no product Web Designer Pro Premium, which you have in your Profile.
    It's not a problem, just very poor marketing on Magix / Xara's part; we all get confused.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I just created a PNG with transparent background and imported it into Web Designer 365 with no issues.

However, I was not able to export a PNG with transparency from Photoshop, but that might be my lack of knowledge of Photoshop.

Can you upload the file you are having problems with and let us have a look?

Next to Submit Reply select Go Advanced and then scroll down to Manage Attachments and browse to the logo file.

Designer Pro has a feature that lets you select a color and make that color or a range of similar colors transparent. Web Designer does not have this feature.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 25 November 2016 at 10:06 PM.

Having the same problem. I have a PNG logo made in PS and I want to make the back ground clear and be able to alter the color. Design Pro. 365 won't let me select anything but the whole PNG.
    Last edited by Iggy; 14 September 2016 at 08:30 PM. Reason: More info.

Thanks kindly Acorn - I will try your suggested. And sorry for the confusion on which product. I'm using a just purchased (directly from Magix) 'Web Designer Premium.' Does that tell you what I have? I just bought about 20 days ago.

Thanks and I will report back -
    Jeff

As far as I ever found, you can only apply transparency to a colour for a limit 256-colour palette PNG export; click in the Colour picker icon and click in the Make selected colour transparent wineglass icon.

What I don't understand is this problem of importing PNGs from PS. If they are not Full colour, Alpha channel then there is no transparent colour.

Acorn

If the background for the PNG is white and that is the color you want to make transparent you can try this. Place the PNG over a white background and apply Flat > Multiply transparency.

Create a Bitmap Copy, 265 colors, Transparent background.

There will be a bit of white fringe (anti-aliased pixels) around the bitmap. If the logo is appearing over a colored background, select the logo, then select FX from the Photo Tool flyout. From the New drop down list select Bitmap Feather. Change the Feathering slider setting on the Infobar from 10px to 1px.

It's not a perfect solution but it works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bitmap.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	114264  

I have same problem.
    When I drag th file with the mouse from other program(for example from Chrome) to the Xara window, the transparency disappears(white background instead of transparency). If the same file to import, then everything is OK.
    Earlier this problem was not on any version of Xara and i drag and drop so thousands of files from Google Chrome. In my case it appeared in Xara Designer Pro365 and Xara WebDesigner 365.
    Some problem when copy/paste images with transparent backgound from some other programs to Xara.
    PS: I don't really care about it, but it is unpleasant.