Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question PNG Export Resolution not matching Page Settings. (Solved)

Working through the demo version of Xara Designer Pro X365, I am unable to correctly export from the Web Designer or Presentation software the matching resolution of the web page/s or presentation page. At times, the default resolution setting in the PNG Bitmap Options dialog is arbitrary, and does not reflect the resolution of the source page. One would have thought that the default resolution would at least match in the first instance, that of the source page. Alas, this is not so.

Even after setting the correct resolution many times and saving the page to PNG format, Designer Pro does not retain the last settings in the PNG Bitmap Options dialog. Every time the User has to set the resolution (1920 x 1080) and the ‘Area to Save’ (namely ‘Page). Is there a step in the process that I have missed, or is this a bug within the software. It is very unusual behaviour for a program of this calibre. This feature is important, as we wish to use Xara Designer Pro X365 for HD television graphics in a live environment. Below are the settings for the Web & Presentation Designer page set-up dialog and the settings for the PNG Bitmap Options dialog. Any thoughts and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/nNOuDOf.png

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PNG Export Size Error.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	114259
    Last edited by Pendulum; 14 September 2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Issue solved.

Default Re: PNG Export Resolution not matching Page Settings.

Hi,
    If the original image is of a lower dpi and lower resolution then Xara not being a full fledged Bitmap editor
    you can't resize to much without pixelation..to some extent my opinion..
    JIm
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Thumbs up Re: PNG Export Resolution not matching Page Settings.

Thanks Jim for the quick reply, though for the purposes of the demo version, all the graphics used are vector types included within the Xara software and from the Xara portal. No bitmaps have been used thus far, and fully agree & understand the limitations of dpi and the relationships with screen, page and graphic’s resolutions.

Default Re: PNG Export Resolution not matching Page Settings.

Found the solution in the layers for the Page background, which has a rectangle and border. Unlock the layers, and set the rectangle to 1920 x 1080, and all is good. A case of self-help and learning (lots of learning) as you go.