Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Map making capabilities?

I just upgraded to Xara Designer Pro X. I am currently in the process of writing my first novel, and creating a map to go along with it. I know I can easily copy and paste clipped items into the version of my map, but I was wondering if there are any resources included that have map components. Specifically, I'm looking for clip-art or line-art images of things like mountain ranges, rivers, trees, road markers, - you know, map type images!

I was hoping that there were those kinds of images available through Xara, so I don't have to go scour the Internet looking for images of that type. Any suggestions? TIA!
    Coleen
    "Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of how deeply we loved."

Default Re: Map making capabilities?

These are the kinds of clipart/lineart images I'm looking for:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountainsymbols3.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	114206
    Of course it would be easier if they were individual images, but the lasso tool works great. Now I need images for trees, hills, rivers, lakes, etc. Any suggestions?
    Coleen

Hi Coleen, go to the following link, https://pixabay.com/ If you want to download the high definition pictures you will need to register, it is free. You can also get stock photo from the content catalog in your Xara software. The choice is larger from the pixabay link including vectors and illustrations.

Ciao

Roly

I use Shutterstock quite a lot. Here is a link to Map Symbols https://www.shutterstock.com/search/...ge_type=vector

Shutterstock charges for images but not much and I really appreciate their quality.

I was art directing and producing a book for a client who wanted to use an image from Getty Stock Images that was priced around $500. I did a TinEye.com search of the image and found the exact same image on Shutterstock for I think around $35.

Thank you both very much! I found what I needed!
    Coleen