Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Clickable Links in Web Designer Premium

I have tried everything I know to get a clickable phone number for cell phones in this program. I tried just putting in the phone number to see if cell phones would recognize the phone number and automatically make it clickable and that did not work. I tried it on 2 different android phones.

I tried what one poster here recommended to just use tel:77766751 and linking it to both a graphic and text. Neither worked. I used the link the link to anchor command after naming the item and I reversed that command from the graphic and or text to the tel:77766751 and tried reversing that to link from tel:77766751 to the graphic or text. Neither worked.

I also used the linking feature to link to html code in the body of the text on the specific page <a href="tel:1-208-734-3000">1-208-734-3000</a> that did not work either.

I have the telephone number on the mouse off layer. If I put it on the mouse over layer my other text does not show up at all.

Any suggestions, and please be specific about the steps you used as I think I maybe missing something.

Thanks
    AJ

Default Re: Clickable Links in Web Designer Premium

Hi AJ, you're doing it correctly. tel: followed by the number with no spaces is the correct method.

If you view a site with such links on a mobile, then the mobile will normally prompt you if you wish to phone this number. Selecting yes will will connect you.

Are you sure you're viewing your efforts on a device that's capable of making a call? Obviously in most case it wont work from a desktop.

See the attached xar file. Change the number to a friends geniune number and publish the site and test.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host