Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

posted this in the XaraX section already but thought it might make sense to post it here as well, so can anyone let me know the answers to these questions:

Q1: How can i apply a gradient effect to either text or a vector in FreeHand ?

Q2: How can i apply a silver/chrome effect to text or vectors ? What i mean is let it look like it was made of chrome or silver.

Q3: Would also helpful if you could tell me how to achieve mentioned effects in programs like Illustrator, CorelDraw, FreeHand , Photoshop etc or if there are special filters for those effects.
    I own all of the latest versions of these programns but rarely use them as my main tool really is XaraX.

So, anyone that could tell me how to ?

Any help really is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Frank
    IP

Hi,

posted this in the XaraX section already but thought it might make sense to post it here as well, so can anyone let me know the answers to these questions:

Q1: How can i apply a gradient effect to either text or a vector in FreeHand ?

Q2: How can i apply a silver/chrome effect to text or vectors ? What i mean is let it look like it was made of chrome or silver.

Q3: Would also helpful if you could tell me how to achieve mentioned effects in programs like Illustrator, CorelDraw, FreeHand , Photoshop etc or if there are special filters for those effects.
    I own all of the latest versions of these programns but rarely use them as my main tool really is XaraX.

So, anyone that could tell me how to ?

Any help really is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Frank
    IP

A1: Its very simple
    If applying over text? then first convert your text into path, u can find it at the bottom of the text menu. select gradient from inspectors in the fill tab. (see pic 1&2). the rest is up to u, that how u play with it
    do the same procedure for the vector graphics,
    there is no need to convet it into path becauze its already a path (vector).

A2: You must know that which colors make the silver effect for example, black & grey colors makes silver effect. try to play with it.

A3: Yes there is filter calls Eye candy. u can find chrome effect in it. its very easy to use and very effective, and there is other effects as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1.gif 
Views:	2069 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	15211  
    IP