Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mac OS and XDP-12 "wrong parameters" issue

Hello,
    using since several years my iMac (El Captain OS) with XDP-X11 and now upgraded into XDP-X12 (via Parallels). I am faced now with an "wrong parameter" issue (pop-up says this). As result, I can not open a .xar file or file it properly. The XDP-X12 software opens properly, I can do all I want, but file the work ends up with "wrong parameter" pop-up. When I try to open .xar files on the Mac, originally developed on a PC with windows system, same message pops up, and I cannot open the file. Grrrr.....
    Same files opened on my PC, all is fine.
    All runs well and properly with the XDP-X11 I have still on both (PC and iMac), but the above issue on iMac occurs since XDP-X12. I multiple times de-installed and re-installed XDP-X12 under different methods, nothing solved the issue.
    I know, not many here using Macs with Parallels, but maybe someone has a hint on the issue, which I then can dig into and proceed with trials.
    Regards,
    Freewind

Default Re: Mac OS and XDP-12 "wrong parameters" issue

Don't use a Mac but have you tried Running as Administrator?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Uhh, wow.
    Got it ! At least a feasable solution for me.
    In the past and with all previous version I drag-and-dop a .xar file from my cloud (via Mac Finder Window = Explorer from Mac-System) into XDP and it opened fine. Now I tried to open the .xar file not from the Mac Finder via drag-and-drop, but using the XDP "open new file" tool. With that all works fine.
    So, for whatever reason the new XDP version, at least on my Mac, does no longer allows to open files in Xara via the Mac-Finder.
    OK, not such a big issue, if one knows it-)
    Regards,
    Freewind

Glad you resolved it and shared your solution.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host