Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Texturino from Astute Graphics

Texturino ($78.44) is a recent Illustrator plugin which takes away the pain of adding textures in Illustrator, normally a convoluted process and actually making it very easy to do. Attached is a vector-raster mix, using the Dynascript font from Alphabet Soup. The texture is one that has been on my hard drive so long, I've forgotten its origin. Texturino comes with an Opacity Brush that is easy to use, which gives interesting effects. I thought it looked nice on a leathery background.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	texturino.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	114122  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Texturino from Astute Graphics

Bob does the Texturino plug in work ok in Xara ? I had a look at their video and the plug in is really good for £59

Stygg

Default Re: Texturino from Astute Graphics

Hi Stygg, No, I'm afraid it's for Illustrator only. Let's face it, they need all the help making life easier for their users that they can get.
    Xara handles textures well, it's just Illustrator which assumes we all have degrees in graphic design.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.