Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default error exporting pdf

When I try to export a xara design to pdf using CMYK an error message appears "PDFNET Error:Stitching.cpp, line 42. Stitching functions must have the same cardinality".
    I really appreciate any help you can provide.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best regards.
    Javier

Default Re: error exporting pdf

Dunno what triggers this error, I have had it once in the past and cannot remember what I did to get past it. Try this. In the Export dialog, Advanced, try reversing the checkbox for Use Unicode for text encoding. If it is checked, uncheck it. If it isn't checked, try checking it.

If this fails, try using the Convert text to shapes option on the same tab.

Mike, thank you very much for your reply, I made the change but it didn't work, the only way it works is using pdf version compatibility 1.3.
    Best regards.
    Javier

Javier,

I would think any PDF profile should work. I usually use one of a few custom setups, but often enough will use one of the as-installed ones. Are you changing to a specific color profile?

If you desire, I would be willing to take a look at the file. If you need to keep it private, upload it to dropbox or the like and send me a private message with the download link.

Take care, Mike

Mike,
    Here it goes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Javier

Interesting. Ungroup the shape.

Thank you very much Mike, more than interesting is Weird hehehehe, this image is only a part of a huge design and this error appears with every single piece of it, I will ungroup everything to see If I can fix it.
    I really thank you for your help, best regards.
    Javier

Especially weird if one considers Xara applications seem to make nested groups right and left often. Never have understood all the groups when say converting text to shapes...

Well I downloaded the file Javier and saw how simple it was and thought it should export without ungrouping and went for it. No problems it exported fine using a custom setup that I use for most of my PDF's. The only main difference with the custom export is I use Forgra39 and not US web coated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.