Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Given that this is a conservative place perhaps a clever combo of the formal circular CofC logo concept 12 with a central embeded Placitas wooden cutout (#9) might be the best of both worlds?

Hi Gary,

For me, no. 3 is immediately distinctive and memorable; if gives me a 'feel' for the place (that indefinable quality!). As others have commented, it would also work well in a variety of media.
    I suppose the question also is: What will your clients prefer? In my experience, their tastes often veer towards a design like no. 10.

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

Gary,

#12 takes the ribbon for me.

Not too 'busy' or fancy. Easy to read & pleasing to the eye.

Evokes the popular 'feel' of that region. You know.....the 'Wolf howling at the moon with the Plateau in the background' motif. (The 'P' makes it work)

Should be little to no loss of detail if scaled down or converted to B&W.

Original yet still has that 'Official' look.

#3 would be 2nd choice, but the 'C's seem misplaced.

Just my humble 1/2 cent. Good luck Gar, you've got a tough decision ahead of you. Let us know which one wins.

Regards,
    Fuzzi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!
    I'll get by with a little help from my friends!!!
    Thank You!!!

You have really excelled yourself this time, Gary. They are all beautiful. I suspect 3 is popular, because seen in the context of the other thumbnails, it pops out the most. This may have more to do with the simplicity of the letter-forms than anything else. Which isn't to say I dislike it. It's great.

I also like 5, though something about the join between the left-hand C and the P bothers me a little. Is there any way to make it a more gradual transition?

Klaus, I was very amused by your suggestion that all designers should read "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand. I think all designers should read the entire Oxford English Dictionary. But that's just me.

Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }
    Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }

Marcus, I've read the OED. But that's just me.
    :-)

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I also favour Design 5, but would like it more if it looked less like a penis! (g)

Hmm... maybe a slightly different font is called for? Handel is being really heavily used now (over here in Europe in any case, can't speak for Placitas!) so is liable to date quickly.

I also like 1, and its more traditional cousin 6 is okay. Dislike the logos featuring desert cliché (3, 12). Like old-fashioned 9 though obviously print reproduction could be problematic. Dislike 2, or rather if seems a bit too light-hearted for a CoC.

That's all the opinions I can think of for now. :-)

Gary,
    I find them all appealing, but my faves are 1, 11 & 12
    in that order.

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

I wish I had a scanner here.
    To perhaps sway from my previous choice of #5 I happened across an invoice with a logo from the Calgary Petroleum Club up here in Canada.

The Club has a logo that is strikingly similar to #5. Maybe that was my bias towards #5. Or maybe that is a natural way to put those particular letters together. Thought I would toss this gem of useless info.

Perhaps this is like the mystery of finding pyramids in Mexico and in Egypt.

If you're interested in seeing the Calgary logo I can do that at home on request.

jamesthiago
    http://members.shaw.ca/nenedevelopments