Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Design 12 looks like it would fit this situation, not too modern, but not too hokey.

I like the layout and idea of Design 7, but I think the texture should be dropped.

I loved the Design 5, maybe a little too contemporary for them (The reason I believe the client is always wrong, but oh well!). But I don't think it should be used for the shear fact that the P connected to the C could be mistaken for a lower Case Q.

Well Gary, seems like you got a good number of suggestions, be creative with it, you're the expert [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Pondering what Klaus said about the only giving one design to the client seems a little cheap to me. Now don't pound me because I probably have no clue what I'm talking about, this is just how I am interpreting it through my mind. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    But the client is paying upwards of $2000 to get a logo designed that they would like for their company, not what a designer would like for their company. I personally would turn it down then, especially if it didn't please me 100%, therefor that much less to their business.

Just my 2 sense worth [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

My internal rules: 1. Respect & understand your clients, speak with them 2. Whether it's just one or ten good mockups, always give them your best work.

Steve, in all my 20 years as a designer, not ONCE did a client object to me only giving him one design. He was free to reject it, of course, and ask for more designs, but that would cost him more. And in 8 out of 10 cases, the client bought the ONE design I submitted. This arrangement made things clean and simple - for both me and the client.

K

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

# 5 works for me.

Dan Fournier
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Being much more experienced than I (20 years that is!) I'll take your word for it. Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Oddly, I would say that number 3 appealed to most of you. It was one of my least favorites. Ditto logo #12 which many of you liked.

But this makes me think I shall reexamine #3 and maybe use a photo instead of my illustration. (The image illustrated is Cabezon, an ancient volcano cone that is in the west horizon and visible from all of Placitas.

To Klaus's point, everyone has a different way of working. Many creative designers and advertising people like to show the client the recommended design or ad and then if the client is not happy with the ad or design, get feedback and come back with something new. There is nothing wrong with that.

And I have been doing this long enough that my ego is no longer what is important. I do not present any designs I would not be happy to see my client have, and I also am too proud of my designs not to show the best ones to my clients.

Bottom line, different strokes for different folks. Whatever works and whatever you feel comfortable with.

Thanks again for all your expert comments.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Gary-
    12 is the best

3 if you reverse the CCP to PCC and change
    the arrangement of the letters to blend.

jpresley

Being from around here....

3, 5, 8 and 12....with 3 and 12 being my top 2 choices.

Milt

(paise is eq to cents)

For me simpler is better. 5 and 8 are wayyyy cool and in that order.

Let us know what get's chosen finally

:-)
    Q