Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Just my opinions...

1. I don't like the way the words "chamber of commerce" sit...the "of" seems to be too narrow and take away from the "flow"

2. The "P" is too big, I like the font style, don't know if the green marble look fits with your client...would like to see the P smaller and the color changed to a sand color with a texture like adobe. Bevel might be interesting, but would really obscure the "lacitas" details...

3. I like this one, but would go ahead and center "Placitas" on the group rather than the base of the "CP"

4. This one is o.k. but it makes me think of a natural park for some reason??

5. too abstract, but would work well for black and white prints such as letterhead and newsletters...

6. hhmnnn...not sure about this one. Everything is symetrical except the "P" don't know how I feel about this one...

7. The word "PLACITAS" is too hard to read. I had to mentally read it instead of just glancing at it and knowing what it is...

8. Cluttered and abstract...not my favorite.

9. This one is nice and rustic, but I don't understand putting a photo in and then covering 90% of it?

10. Better use of the photo, might fade the photo a little and experiment with font colors to give more contrast. How will this one work if they need a B&W print...

11. don't really care for this one...

12. Love the circle and border font on this one, not sure about the font for the center "P" but like the mountain graphic "is it of the area"?

Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

Number Twelve

Regards, Joel

I like designs that work both in black/white and color... and if I could just create stuff like that myself...

Number 3
    --------
    This one would work great in B/W and the color version looks pretty! Perhaps the little C will disappear all together if the logo is brought down to business card size? A bit bigger?

Number 5
    --------
    This one would take the top spot for me if the merged C/P was distinguishable in B/W. It would look more like "PC" in a solid color.

Number 8
    --------
    The design is cool! It is like a little piece of abstract art! I would buy a shirt with that design on it! But I can't see that it would work in black and white...

Number 2
    --------
    The P is beautiful but perhaps a little bit too big. Perhaps it would look better in solid "New Mexico/Placitas" color and with the type from number 3?

It is a difficult choice, but I think you have a great start!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

I like number 3.

Turan

PS thought you only gave the client 3 options?

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I like number twelve the mostest. (I like it the mostest because it is the bestest).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I select 5.

5 looks the most pro, and has a design that would transfer the best to several mediums. Say if it were printed in B&W or photocopied, or scanned as part of an invoice it would still be legible.

I see logos all day and all of yours stand up pretty good, but yeah 5 is my choice.

jamesthiago
    http://members.shaw.ca/nenedevelopments

Hi Gary,

First of all, they all have apeal. But you are right, they are probably on the conservative side. I come from a small town and on the web allot of small towns will have some of their land mass or buildings intergrated into the logo.

So the most likely that I see is #4. Nice!! I like #3 because of it's high styled contemporary look but also conveys the right elements. I liked #9 and #10 but did not think they would like the "Chamber of Commerce" split up with the large "Placitas" in the middle, confuses the eye.

I may be totally wrong, but #4 is the likely candidate.

Just my opinion

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I think 5 or 6 would be the most versatile designs (they would work even in b/w or photocopies.), though...for on-screen use I think 3 is superb.

Good luck for this year to everybody here!
    -------------------------
    Joan M. Mas
    TypePhases: Dingbats and Fonts for yer computor!
    http://inicia.es/de/jmas
    -------------------------

I would choose #12. Although I like several of the others I think it fits "Chamber of Commerce" better than the rest. I think it gives a semi-official seal/stamp look and should reproduce well.

I'm always amazed at how many different looks you work through in your logo designs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] After a decision is made, I'd like to know which one you would have picked.

Mickie

No 3 and 10. Being a small town either one looks good to me, but printing 10 in B/w could be tricky (imho).