Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Browser Problem

Default Browser Problem

Hi, I am a relative newcomer to Design Pro 365 or for that matter to Xara Products, though I have dabbled in them in previous times. I have found the following rather annoying and I am wondering if someone can tell me how I can change it.

The problem is that even though my default browser is Firefox, when I click on the links given at the start of the program, it brings up Internet Explorer. I find this frustrating as I know Firefox better, and believe it to be safer. Any ideas anyone please?

Default Re: Browser Problem

don't worry, it's not you
    xara software uses internet explorer's rendering engine as its default web page previewer

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-from-explorer

<off-topic>

death by comic sans overdose

there's help for you
    http://www.comicsanscriminal.com/

and here's why
    http://sabotagetimes.com/life/why-i-despise-comic-sans

</off-topic>

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Tim, having a safe Firefox on your machine doesn't make it safer for anyone else.

I'm not sure by "the links at the start of the program"?
    Are you talking about previewing? If so then BF's answer is fine. Just to note it is only a preview and you are supposed to click on the (Firefox) browser icon on the top right to see the result in an external browser.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 29 August 2016 at 04:00 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Guys. I thought Internet Explorer had been dropped for Edge. I got over the problem by copying the URL's directly into Firefoxe's bookmarks, but it would have been n ice to be able to use firefox directly from the program. Acorn I was referring to the dialogue that appears at the very start of DP 365, which lists the links to Xaraxone etc. If you have had this program a long time you might have ticked the box that says "Don't see this again."

Tim, can you avoid using Comic Sans and Font Size 5 and colour changes? All are unnecessary and detract from the content.

The links are probably to a link with a file extension you've yet to associate Firefox to, so you are getting IE instead.
    Not a Xara problem in this case.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think that the links in question are on the Welcome screen.