Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anybody have Pantone CMYK Coated ???

Does anybody have Pantone CMYK Coated color set to look-up what would be the closest values to this blue: http://www.colorhexa.com/002962

I know that this site has value, just wanted to make sure it matches Pantone ..

Thanks

Default Re: Anybody have Pantone CMYK Coated ???

I really don't know what you are asking. What, Value?

If that web site is giving you the color desired, and the CMYK values you need/want to use are listed, use them. The Pantone CMYK palette is just that, CMYK values. Do note that site seems to have conflicting information from the first paragraph to the second.

However, the conversion from the hex values to CMYK will be fairly accurate as nothing about it is towards an extreme RGB value. So if that was a color I wanted, I would enter that hex value using your Xara application's Color Editor and copy/paste the hex value into the appropriate box.

As I recal, the color is close to Pantone Reflex Blue and is very hard to match in CMYK. If the color needs to be matched exactly then you might have to specify a 5th color that is a Pantone solid color. This is something to discuss with whoever is going to be printing your job.

Quote Originally Posted by zaoka View Post
    Does anybody have Pantone CMYK Coated color set to look-up what would be the closest values to this blue: http://www.colorhexa.com/002962

I know that this site has value, just wanted to make sure it matches Pantone ..

Thanks
    Different websites or sotware will give you different CMYK values for the same color and color would be slightly different.

Different websites or sotware will give you different CMYK values for the same color and color would be slightly different.
    Yes, because Pantone colors were intended to be solid color inks mixed to a formula so any printer, anywhere in the world could print the exact same color.

CMYK Pantone colors are an approximation of these solid colors. Some are right on, or very close. Others not so close.

But the big question is which of the attached colors is the original? Each color is slightly different and one is the same color as the example you linked to.

Unless the people viewing your color are color experts who have the visual equivalent of perfect pitch, nobody is going to know, or care, that the color is a perfect match.

The second color from the top left is your original color. Each of the others is different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	different colors.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	114058  

You might find this site useful :-
    https://www.pantone.com/color-finder

Just watch out for the numbers not matching. Xara uses numbers from 0 to 255 where as the printers I use have Illustrator which they tell me uses 0 to 100!

In options you can change color units to 0-100.

The proper fix would be for Xara to automatically change the color units if cmyk is chosen. I've asked for this in the past. It's never happened.

as I recall the xara 0-100 option is labelled 'percent' on the units tab; it being based on percentage mix
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...