Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK I managed to download AMD64-all-windows10.0-kb3135782-x64_7600ed9c6f42e0f9e2d31b27df67ff5e267efcd3.msu

Is this the right file and how do I install it? Does the AMD refer to the processor, in which case my processor is Intel.
    I'd give that one a pass, Gary.

Default Re: Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based

Hi Gary

yes that's an AMD processor architecture update - if you try running it on win10 with intel it will politely tell you that it is not compatible [won't do any harm]

I don't see any intel x64 updates there in the catalog.....

I checked my intel laptop, I do not have KB3135782 installed; I do have KB3174060 installed but that seems only to have AMD X64 updates listed too

so, nice idea but back to square one

me, I'd either hide the offending update and wait for the next one - or update windows to ver 1607 and see if it fixed it and whilst that may have other consequences it might be more secure

[ if the troubleshhoter didn't help then there are ways of resetting corruptions in the update process but they are technical ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

There is a very odd but good computer tech here in Placitas. I think I will bite the bullet and see if he can fix this. Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

let us know how you get on - good luck
    Nothing lasts forever...

It seems like the security update file is for Windows 8. I seem to remember another case like this when Windows 10 kept trying to update a file that is not the correct file.

That makes sense from what was available Gary

I'd say hide it; that's what the MS tool is for

btw

I just manually installed 1607 [aka anniversary update] interesting - some very small but hugely significant nods to the user base such as allowing colour on the title bars [so you do't go snow blind]; some techie ones such as can now [at last ] cut and paste in a command line; some sensible removals such as goodbye to wifi sense [did anyone actually use it?] and some less welcome increased pushyness by cortana and by updates, although you can still set metered connection on wifi but yet again not on ethernet

on balance good I reckon, but do check through your personal settings - some will have changed, and some new ones...
    Nothing lasts forever...