Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: clipart

Default Re: clipart

I have a folder of clipart from an earlier version with folders eg. animals, transport etc. and ask to add either the clipart or the individual folders and asks if I want to create and index (there is already one in the folder) I OK then it brings up a message 'Can't find any suitable files to add to the index for the specified folder' they are all .xar files. I have tried at all levels parent Clipart and the individual folders and also deleted the two files xarainfo and that did not work either.
    I agree with you Peter, the Designs Gallery is 'not fit for purpose'. I can find no way to import previous versions of clipart etc into XDProX 12, just keep getting the same error messages as yourself. I haven't tried deleting any xarainfo files as these are probably required by the original version of the software.

The best I have managed at present is to create a desktop shortcut to these older clipart files:
    1: Right click on the desktop
    2: New / Shortcut
    3: Browse / This PC / Windows 'C' / Program Files / Program Files (x86) / Xara / Xara Xtreme / Clipart /
    4: Create

You now have a direct link to your older Clipart files without the need to open the older program.

Of course there's no search function but neither is there in Version 12 Local Design Galleries

Our friends in Xara are being completely silent on this issue too.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi, I have found a clipart file in XWD10 premium at the following property files/Xara/Xara web designer 10 premium/clipart/ENG/clipart

To bring it into xwd12 premium I did the following;

Open local design gallery, click on more tab, click add design from disk, then find the file (see above) and put in look in, then add then save

It will be at the end of the list

I was not able to find a similar file in XWD 11 premium. I also do not remember if I had installed XWD10 P from the cd or downloaded it.

Ciao

Roly
    Last edited by roly; 03 September 2016 at 01:02 AM. Reason: added comment about installation

Unhappy Re: clipart

hi
    i found the clipart of the previous version (11) here:
    c:\users\xx\appdata\local\xara/xtremepro\11\cache\designs\eng\clipart
    i copied all of it over to the new folder for 12 and saved it under XDP11Stuff. then i used disc designs to bring it in the local design gallery. looks like this now:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old clipart.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	114319
    it should really be easier! i am offline a lot when i work with xdp so the new system does not cut it for me.

I use a small but powerful utility called 'Everything' https://www.voidtools.com/ (there is a portable version too) that finds files in my computer....it's a little gem. After starting Everything, type Xara in the search window to find the location of the graphic library.

Everything is a little gem I couldn't do without.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

In versions after about 7 or 8 Xara changed the way clipart was handled and it was all served online. If you have an older version of xara that predates that time installed you should be able to find the art work as described above, in newer versions AFAIK the clipart folder just contains what's needed to display the thumbnails in the gallery, and while madmads method brings in the folders and you see thumbnails when you mouseover there is no actual clipart.

In this years version they have changed again and you can now download everything to your HDD for offline use, only problem is they haven't included all that clipart (I suspect there may be a licensing issue) If you have DP365 you can download clipart from Pixabay from right inside DP. Just note though that to save the pixabay stuff for later offline use you must save the xara file.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Can someone explain how to find an entry in the gallery please.

Go to DESIGNS GALLERY > MORE > FIND and type a keyword to search ... it works best if the gallery is pinned down rather than AUTO-HIDE
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Go to DESIGNS GALLERY > MORE > FIND and type a keyword to search ... it works best if the gallery is pinned down rather than AUTO-HIDE
    I seem to be missing More and Find on DP Pro 365 - its gone:-((

That is why finding clipart is now so difficult and there has to be away to do it other than just looking in each folder and scrolling through.