Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: clipart

Default clipart

I cannot find the clipart that was in all previous versions of DP in the new version DPX (365).

As clipart section has changed over the years is there a resource location of them hidden away somewhere?

I would like to find the ones that had the mini car as an example.

Peter

Default Re: clipart

I might get hung drawn & quartered for this, but is this the one you're referring to?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Do you mean this one?

bluecar.web

Xara cleaned up the Designs Gallery, so you will have to use the clipart that came with earlier versions. Typically, you can find it here (provided you still have the program installed): C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X11\Clipart\ENG\ (use the correct version name).

Added: I cross-posted with Egg. Now you have two minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I might get hung drawn & quartered for this, but is this the one you're referring to?
    Hah hah.

Really, Egg. Sharing resources? Tsk, tsk...

(You do know I'm not serious, right?)

Thanks it is a pity all these resources are not located somewhere considering the effort that has gone into them and the difficulty on finding on old versions to transfer to new.
    Which at this stage not sure how to do perhaps after a get a coffee it may be better.

I have found an old folder of Xara clipart, with a number of sub folders and tried to install into DP365 with out success it, just brought up a few items but nothing from clipart folder.

It appears all that it does is to give a path to location so must be doing something wrong:-((

I could not find the clipart folder in the path that Boy provided had quick look elsewhere with out success.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Prewett View Post

I could not find the clipart folder in the path that Boy provided had quick look elsewhere with out success.
    Peter, how far did you get in the path that I posted? Did you find the Xara folder for instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Prewett View Post
    it is a pity all these resources are not located somewhere considering the effort that has gone into them
    they're on your xara cd/dvd
    for those of us that keep them anyway
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    they're on your xara cd/dvd
    Yes, but you can't access them from the cd/dvd directly. You have to install the program to be able to access the contents. Xara has hinted that at some point they may have a separate installer for the contents.

In my own experience I have found it possible to copy the clipart from earlier version and to place it in a directory on my hard/d. It does not show up in the local Design Gallery however so that when and if you want to access any of the clipart you have to use "Open" (Ctrl+O) from the file menu.
    Design is thinking made visual.