Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default CMYK Won't Import?

I got a file from a client in PSD format. I've never had problems opening one until now. It says it refuses to open with CMYK definitions despite the fact that's completely doable in Xara P&GD 365 (which I'm using).

Other than going to photoshop and resaving the file (bear in mind, this a web design job so I seriously need nothing of the CMYK data!) is there another option?

edit: I blame Adobe for this, btw. Not only because I'm biased but because I can.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Default Re: CMYK Won't Import?

The same happens for CMYK exported PDF as well for some reason. Oddly enough, not even all of the files made in Photoshop that the client gave me are even recognized by the newest Photoshop, so I guess there's issues with the files themselves beyond that too...
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Default Re: CMYK Won't Import?

As far as I know, all images regardless of color space come in as RGB. All PSDs I have are typically CMYK (even from the newer CC versions) open in XDP 365 fine. Now, none of my PSDs have smart objects so I cannot test a PSD with them.

Then again, it sounds like there are issues with the files. How did they send them? Were they compressed in a ZIP, simply attached to an email or uploaded without ZIPPING to something like dropbox?