Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default photo slide gallery pop up

On my home web page I have a photo of my pet dog and I want to be able to click the photo to open up a slide photo gallery with 5 other pets. When the pop up id opne on the page I want the background to be tinted.
    The only way I have been able to do it so far is by putting the slide gallery on a layer, it works this way but the background does not tint.
    Any help would be appreciated

Default Re: photo slide gallery pop up

Place a large colored rectangle on the layer and behind the photos and apply Flat Transparency to the rectangle.

See attached.

I have selected the pop up layer option not to close the layer automatically. If you leave this checked then the layer will close when the viewer mouses off the layer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for this but I've tried this and the exit button is at the top of the tinted layer not on the slide window and my slide window is down the web page.
    I've attached what I am trying to achieve.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide show-tinted background.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	114030

If this desn't open visit: www.geoffreymichaels.co.uk/casestudies.html and click to view, that's how I want my pop up to work!!

Thanks
    Mike Renshaw

Info Re: photo slide gallery pop up

On my home web page I have a photo of my pet fungus. I am able to click the photo to open up a slide photo gallery with eight other fungi. When the pop up is open on the page, the background to be tinted.
    The slide window is centred to the available viewport.

I've simply stacked the photos on top of each other.
    The best the Xara built-in pop-up photo settings offers is a collection of thumbnails on the bottom rather than roundel buttons.
    To see the settings - Select All > Web properties > Image > Photo pop-up > Options...

Fungi.web

I'm quite a fun guy,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - MUTED TRUMPET: wah wah!

Mike - See what you mean, but is that so bad? I think it is better than having the (X) over the photos. It is what I would call a "happy accident". Tell people you designed it to be like that and let them try to figure out how you did it. And I am serious. It really looks better with the X floating over the photos.

Hi Michael, is this what you are looking for? Just click on the see samples button when in preview mode.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes that's exactly what I want roly.
    Are ther any special instructions on how to do that or isit easy to work out from your sample??
    Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrenshaw View Post
    Yes that's exactly what I want roly.
    Are ther any special instructions on how to do that or isit easy to work out from your sample??
    Thanks Mike
    Hi Mike, there are 3 elements to deal with, pink button, widget and tinted background rectangle. Look at each element in the sample.

The widget is from the content catalog and is called Xara slideshow widget. If you have never used it you will have to downloaded from Xara by clicking on it and using your Xara password. Once downloaded populate it with your pictures and make the design changes you want, then save it. From the work area screen open a new layer in the page and layer tab (for mine it is called layer 5) and put your widget on this layer. Give the widget a name using the name tag button from the top of the page ( I called mine dog). You can size the widget to the size you want and place it where you want on the page.

The button was made using a rectangle and text then grouped. Put it on mouse off layer if not there. Click button then right click mouse and open web properties and activate the popup layer radio button, click on arrow and choose the name you gave to the widget layer ( for me it was layer 5). In your case use your dogs picture instead of creating a button.

The tinted background rectangle was made using the rectangle tool and enlarged to cover the whole page and more. The transparency tool was used to give the shade I wanted. Once finished click the rectangle with the right mouse button then click web animations, then click reveal/scroll tab then in reveal animation I chose zoom out. Set speed to 5 and delay to zero. Then click trigger object name at the bottom and chose the name you gave your widget (for me it was dog). Then place this rectangle behind the Xara slideshow widget.

That should be it (if I have not forgotten a step). Not knowing your level of comfort with Xara I chose to put detailed instructions.

Let us know how you make out and just ask if something does not work properly.

Ciao

Roly

Excellent Thanks that's got it.
    Thanks again
    Mike

Your welcome Mike.

Ciao

Roly