Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lines on my blog pages?

Thank-you Siran, Roly, and Egg for all your help! That definitely was the problem. This forum is great!!

Your welcome Todd.

Ciao

Roly

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

So do you want to ignore my question or tell me how you did the blog?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    No Post goes unanswered on my watch. Well actually they can. I must admit I work hard to help answer an OP's problem to find what I offer is missed, ignored or replayed back as if it had just been discovered. I usually bite my tongue.

So I appreciate your frustration that you have been "slighted". It might not be the case here. The OP might be doing an Egg-style video just to demonstrated Xara Blogs. He may have missed your ask as he got his answer and is busy correcting his immediate problem. It might be a time zone or call of nature thing. We may never, or want to, know.

In the meantime, Xara does not have a Blog capability. Such a tool would require either embedding a blog product without all the furniture around the blogging entries or a means for Xara to dynamically change page content once published.

I suggest the OP simply republishs each hand-crafted blog entry as an update to a page, adding links and the other trappings that surround a blog.

It could be done with a CMS and a lot of CSS and Ajax to embed dynamic content into a static page.
    I won't, however, be offering an Egg-style video.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

There is a Nabble widget (Nabble Forum Widget) in the Local Designs gallery/Online Content Catalog that should allow you to add a Nabble blog but the link is not good. It should be http://n6.nabble.com instead of http://n5.nabble.com, so perhaps Xara can correct that.

It can be a browser issue..but you can handle it through CSS

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    if you'd looked at the code you'd have seen it is bog standard xara html/css
    a quick google search would've told you xara can't do cms
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    if you'd looked at the code you'd have seen it is bog standard xara html/css
    BF, do not assume. Not everyone has experience, knowledge or interest in code, just results.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    xtom would disagree.

http://www.xt-cms.com/xara-demo/?cat=0&page=1